PDA

View Full Version : newbie owner without any manuals at all

redgreen&black
08-24-2007, 06:40 AM
I just picked my eight month old Strada up from a dealer where I traded my Ducati Monster 800 in against it (uncomfortable riding position possibly connected with me having eaten far too many pies!) Well pleased with the new bike, but the previous owner doesn't seem to have left the owner's manual at the dealer's with the bike. I do my own maintenance so am a bit stuck as I'd like to give it the once over, despite the dealer having just done an oil & filter change yesterday (not Aprilia dealers).

I found a few threads earlier in the forum relating to manuals, but thought I'd celebrate my first Aprilia by starting a fresh thread. I bought some arrow cans off g-man on ebay and intend to fit them over the weekend. I also intend to buy a K&N filter. Is there anything I need to do or have done to ensure the bike runs well with these mods or will it run without any mods to the injection system?

I'd be very grateful if anyone has the owners handbook and/or the workshop manual in electronic format. My email address is mccleerym@btinternet.com

Thanks

Mark

Belfast

DonFanatico
08-24-2007, 10:48 AM
Here you go mate.

http://apriliatec.net/index.php?option=com_docman&Itemid=30

redgreen&black
08-24-2007, 02:39 PM
Thanks; looks like just the job.:cheers:

DonFanatico
08-25-2007, 04:02 AM
Thanks; looks like just the job.:cheers:

Uh and big thumbs up to MikeT for running the site.

http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/member.php?find=lastposter&t=117819

redgreen&black
08-25-2007, 09:18 AM
Comment duly noted Don; very much appreciated Mike and contribution made to site with slightly red face!:eek:.

shunter
08-26-2007, 11:18 AM
I just picked my eight month old Strada up from a dealer where I traded my Ducati Monster 800 in against it (uncomfortable riding position possibly connected with me having eaten far too many pies!) Well pleased with the new bike, but the previous owner doesn't seem to have left the owner's manual at the dealer's with the bike. I do my own maintenance so am a bit stuck as I'd like to give it the once over, despite the dealer having just done an oil & filter change yesterday (not Aprilia dealers).

I found a few threads earlier in the forum relating to manuals, but thought I'd celebrate my first Aprilia by starting a fresh thread. I bought some arrow cans off g-man on ebay and intend to fit them over the weekend. I also intend to buy a K&N filter. Is there anything I need to do or have done to ensure the bike runs well with these mods or will it run without any mods to the injection system?

I'd be very grateful if anyone has the owners handbook and/or the workshop manual in electronic format. My email address is mccleerym@btinternet.com

Thanks

Mark

Belfast

Just traded my Strada in against a Deuville at Honda dealer in Belfast. I had the Strada from new but did not receive a manual with it so I downloaded the manual printed it out and ring bound it. I handed it over with the bike to dealer. Not sure why I didn't get manual with the new bike ?

DonFanatico
08-26-2007, 11:58 AM
Just traded my Strada in against a Deuville at Honda dealer in Belfast. I had the Strada from new but did not receive a manual with it so I downloaded the manual printed it out and ring bound it. I handed it over with the bike to dealer. Not sure why I didn't get manual with the new bike ?

Bad dealer?

stevie46
08-27-2007, 02:34 PM
have a workshop manual on disc which i can copy and send if you cant get one from the threads

DonFanatico
08-27-2007, 04:50 PM
have a workshop manual on disc which i can copy and send if you cant get one from the threads

stevie46, Is that the one from the site above?

MilesB
08-28-2007, 02:48 AM
I just picked my eight month old Strada up from a dealer where I traded my Ducati Monster 800 in against it (uncomfortable riding position possibly connected with me having eaten far too many pies!) Well pleased with the new bike...
Welcome from another ex-Monsteristi (M900ie Dark), although I'm not admitting any problems with pies :happy:

Miles

stevie46
08-28-2007, 10:55 AM
hi
i bought the manual on disc from ebay for 99p +p&p

oz-strom
08-29-2007, 09:19 PM
Is there anything I need to do or have done to ensure the bike runs well with these mods or will it run without any mods to the injection system?

Thanks

Mark

Belfast

Hi Mark - There are threads on this forum that discuss airbox modifications that improve performance and response - basically it involves removing the resonator box and trimming the snorkel. I think there was also mention somewhere about using a long reach iridium spark plug to reduce the hesitation 3-4k rpm :cheers:

redgreen&black
08-30-2007, 04:57 AM
:)Thanks to everyone for their helpful links, comments and especially big Chris for sending me both manuals and Mike for the Apriliatec stuff. I can't help but notice the shunting (feels almost like a slight miss) on a steady throttle at 3-4K, especially after just closing from higher revs. That's the only fault I can find with the bike.