PDA

View Full Version : Wont go over 80...

MrMow
10-29-2003, 05:33 PM
My new Ditech struggles to get to 80 (kmh) on the flat and wont go over 60 up hills, its got a Leo ZX pipe and is derestricted (yes we tried dealer test mode too, but then it wouldn't go over 30 up hills).
We pulled the variator apart and it all looks ok, rollers were fine.
The scoot is accelerating really well and feels strong in the mid range.. it just wont get past 80 (except down a hill where it wont go over 95)..

Anyone?

(its a mid 02 so, before all the nasty restrictions)

phidauex
10-29-2003, 10:34 PM
Give us some details here... What weight rollers are you using, and what clutch contra-spring?

Did you derestrict the Leovinci pipe as well?

peace,
sam

MrMow
10-29-2003, 10:40 PM
Pipe is derestricted, the rollers are standard as is clutch and spring, this is my second Ditech, so its the same set up as my last one, but this one sucks, last one would pull an indicated 105kmh.. Could it be the factory are alittle inconsistant with their rollers and springs?

Thing is it accelerates really well.

phidauex
10-29-2003, 11:12 PM
If you have stock rollers (US stock or euro stock??), then you might try a lighter weight, something in the 6.5-7.5g range.

Peace,
sam

Bump
10-30-2003, 10:37 AM
try to change spark....

srditech/repsol
10-30-2003, 07:45 PM
get a bigger bike with a biger engine :P

MrMow
10-30-2003, 07:50 PM
Well, I was think of ways to jam the engine from my Monster 900 into my scooter.. but I think the entire engine weighs more than the scooter! :banana: he he bananas are funny!

Demontech
10-31-2003, 07:57 PM
dont meen to be a know it all but ive never heard of anyone taking out the restriction on the back of the primary variator. the peice that is held on by the 3 screws- it restricts movement just like the shim does in the middle of the sheves. also helps to machine the lip at the end of the ramps where the rolers go as it will allow more travel in the sheaves giving you more "gearing". shim the spacer that the iner sheave rides on so as it allows the belt to go all the way down but not to leave space as it will take roller travel away. do all this properly, get the weaghts that make it shift in the best power(diferent for every bike), install a yellow spring, and leave the stock flyclutch weghts. the bike will rip. if the belt rides up the primary sheave the engagement will be to low. if it has to much room between it will not get as fast a top speed. without the yellow spring it will bog from 30-40mph............:devil:

MrMow
11-02-2003, 06:07 PM
Nah screw it! Dealer is getting a Polini shipment this week, I'll just jam in the big bore kit and variator.. should fixx all acceleration problems!

phidauex
11-02-2003, 06:58 PM
If your transmission isn't set up right, you will still have problems once you put the polini kit in. Don't think you can avoid the issue with a big bore kit.

However, even if you set your transmission up correctly now, you'd need to redo it when the polini gets put in (different engine, different powerband), so I wouldn't bother setting up the transmission now if you are going to do the polini kit soon.

However, you must PLAN on doing experimentation with the transmission when the polini gets put in!! Get a few contra-springs, maybe a red and a yellow, and a few weights in addition to what the variator includes and do some experimentation. If you neglect the transmission, any engine you put into the thing won't keep it from sucking.

peace,
sam

MrMow
11-02-2003, 07:03 PM
Luckily my dealer is really keen to experiment and I'm the test pig! works out for both of us!