PDA

View Full Version : Auxilery Power on Strada

DonFanatico
08-14-2007, 04:03 AM
Not being very electrically minded I have a question regarding hard wiring on the Strada.

Does anyone know if and where to hardwire stuff to the bike like GPS devices etc. and whether it is a good idea to do so?

Is there a plug somewhere for this?

Thanks

Tony

Panda
08-14-2007, 05:29 AM
Not being very electrically minded I have a question regarding hard wiring on the Strada.

Does anyone know if and where to hardwire stuff to the bike like GPS devices etc. and whether it is a good idea to do so?

Is there a plug somewhere for this?

Thanks

Tony
There's no plug, I've got my GPS running straight from the battery (with an in line fuse) and hot grips wired in to the lights. That way I can switch the GPS on and muck about with it before I switch the bike on. My hotgrips switch off with the bike, so no flat battery. I would have had that twice from curious passers by otherwise!

joe bar
08-14-2007, 01:54 PM
There's no plug, I've got my GPS running straight from the battery (with an in line fuse) and hot grips wired in to the lights. That way I can switch the GPS on and muck about with it before I switch the bike on. My hotgrips switch off with the bike, so no flat battery. I would have had that twice from curious passers by otherwise!

Exactly the same set up I use Panda. I've also got a 12v cigarette lighter socket under the seat wired via fuse to the battery. Ideal for charging the mobile if you're away for a few days. :)

DonFanatico
08-15-2007, 02:29 AM
I've also got a 12v cigarette lighter socket under the seat wired via fuse to the battery. Ideal for charging the mobile if you're away for a few days. :)

A good idea, that! What, just get a car spare cigarette lighter socket, wire it up via an inline fuse to the battey?

Very nice!

joe bar
08-15-2007, 02:55 AM
A good idea, that! What, just get a car spare cigarette lighter socket, wire it up via an inline fuse to the battey?

Very nice!

Exactly that Don, about 5.00 from your local Halfords or wherever. :) :)

rodrigo
08-15-2007, 04:33 AM
Might be worth looking at this:

http://motostrail.com/xoops/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=4452&forum=4&viewmode=flat&order=ASC&start=20

(In Spanish though), but if you look at the photos, it shouldn't be difficult to follow the instructions, to install a cigarette lighter socket as did that guy.

http://fotos.subefotos.com/fba15996499688c5ba017874664f4216o.jpg

DonFanatico
08-15-2007, 04:42 AM
Thanks everyone.

:cheers: