PDA

View Full Version : Strada For Sale

g-man
08-12-2007, 06:42 PM
Decided to let the bike go this time. Had a 250mile run today, and although it's a cracking bike, it's just not what i want now. I'm going for a supermoto/Tuono or similar.

Offers around 3150 as i need this to fund my new bike.

Spec is....

2006 (registered october 06) Pegaso Strada.

4000miles

1st service done by dealer (had valves clearences done)

Black, paint work in perfect condition.

2x new Continental Sport Attack Tyres 300 miles ago.

Seat has been repadded and raised.

Bike has airbox resonator and secondary air pipe modifications done.

Factory spec foot pegs

At the moment i have the pillion footrests etc removed, but these will be refitted for the sale.

The bike doesn't seem to have any of the hesitation/stuttering problems some of the Pegaso's have. It's also had the throttle position sensor recall done.

Any offers you can get me at gord2910 (at) hotmail.com, or PM me through the forum. Cheers.

Picture was taken before new tyres were fitted.....

DonFanatico
08-13-2007, 03:48 AM
Oh no, after all the work you done on it?

Sorry to hear you want to leave the club!

Are you bored with it?

g-man
08-13-2007, 03:58 AM
Basicly.....yeah.

When i take it throught the town, the grunt is fantastic, it turns quick, handles well. When i take it out a run down the B roads and country lanes it's awesome too. Grips well, handles well, brakes are exellent, plenty mid range grunt, comfortable riding position.

But i really want something a bit quicker. It's not doing it for me anymore.

I spent about 40 miles on some of the best roads in Scotland riding a new Superduke in the blazing sunshine. Motorbiking heaven. The thing is awesome. When i got back on my bike it's just not pushing the buttons. cant afford one so thinking about an older Tuono instead.

DonFanatico
08-13-2007, 04:13 AM
Basicly.....yeah.

But i really want something a bit quicker. It's not doing it for me anymore.

I know what you mean...you take care , don't ride faster than your guardian angel can fly!

Try and sell it as near to original spec as possible as any extras don't relly raise the value of the bike and sell the aftermarket stuff separately.

What spare bits would you have and can you list the prices?

(could you maybe post a sound file of the Arrow sound?)

g-man
08-13-2007, 04:19 AM
I only have the Arrow cans. I'm looking for 250 for them, buyer pays postage. They're only a few months old.

I dont have anything to record the sound that would do them justice. I think there's a soundfile on the Arrow website though.

DonFanatico
08-13-2007, 04:45 AM
Where did you buy them from and are the alu or titanium?

g-man
08-13-2007, 04:51 AM
They're Alu and i got them from an Arrow importer in UK

MilesB
08-13-2007, 07:22 AM
Try and sell it as near to original spec as possible as any extras don't relly raise the value of the bike and sell the aftermarket stuff separately.
Sound advice - worked for me when I sold my last bike.

I do find it interesting as to why people change bikes. One of the reasons that I got the Peg was that my then bike had too much power that I couldn't use... I find the Peg is just right, and I'm actually riding it faster on twisty turny roads... straight line speed (ie on Motorways) is controlled more by rider comfort (wind blast/noise) than rear wheel horse power.

However, you've made your decision, so good luck with the sale.

Miles

the_grump
08-13-2007, 09:54 AM
Hey there
Shame You are about to leave us poor suckers :bump:
Been to the bigger bikes and back, and forth, and so on.........
Every time I am getting a glimpse of my bank manager, though (which I am dearly trying to avoid) I am convinced that the Peg s just right for me :whiner:
Anyway, did You drive the Peg since You've been opening up the exhaust pipes? Any difference in performance, fuel consumption etc.....
I'm eagerly waiting for Your experiences - holding the file ready:)
Good luck with Your sales project.....:rolleyes:
the_grump

DonFanatico
08-13-2007, 12:32 PM
Some advice when selling bikes from MCN

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/advice/searchresults/MCN-Articles/2005/Aug31-05-How-to-get-the-best-price-when-selling-your-bike-incorrect-pics/?&R=EPI-684

PetrolHead
08-13-2007, 02:14 PM
Good luck G-Man, shame to lose you as an ambassador of Pegaso innovation and initiative.

Elvis
08-13-2007, 05:16 PM
If you will be patient enough you can wait for the new Pegaso 1200
that is planed for 2008.
http://static.blogo.it/motoblog/ApriliaSM.JPG
http://moto-images.caradisiac.com/IMG/jpg/2/0/0/8/0/2008_Aprilia_SL750_Motard_0.jpg

g-man
08-13-2007, 05:21 PM
Anyway, did You drive the Peg since You've been opening up the exhaust pipes? Any difference in performance, fuel consumption etc.....
I'm eagerly waiting for Your experiences - holding the file ready:)

I seemed to give it a bit more in the midrange. It's not as big a difference as when the resonator box is done, but on a 3rd gear roll on from low speed it definatley pulls a bit cleaner and stronger through the middle revs.

the_grump
08-14-2007, 12:05 AM
Thx - I think, I just might have a rendevous with my exhaust pipes and a file tonight....:rolleyes:

g-man
08-16-2007, 04:01 PM
I've got a demo booked on a nice 04 model Z750 tomorrow. I took the Peg through today to have a look at the Zed. I've put the standard cans back on, it's much better now. The last time i rode it with the standard cans it felt a bit flat. With the airbox and exhaust welds done it pulls really strong through the revs.

Actually had secnd thoughts. It's a twisty road to the dealers the Zed is. Just perfect for the Strada. There was power everywhere in the rev range, it turns in so quick, smooth and positively, and these tyres have masses of grip. I really enjoyed the ride there and back.

The Z750 looks really basic close up. Welds on the frame are shocking, and it kinda reminds me of an old Bandit. It feels nice to sit on though, and i really like the way it looks. Tomorrow will tell. If it's got a good engine, handles nice and stops well it might be the one.

My bike's on the Autotrader now at 3150 ono and it looks to be about the only one in Scotland/ north england. It's certainly the best. :bump::)

Panda
08-16-2007, 07:41 PM
Wierdly, the thing that really puts me off the Z750 compared to the Peg was dual carriageways! The naked Z felt like my knees were getting pulled apart ater 10 miles or so - either side of my hee haws was getting sore.

That said, if you want any of the cheap fast middle weights the Z750 is fking brilliant and a much nicer bike than any of the other to ride. The crappy welding is class standard though, Fazers etc are just as bad. Where is the one you are looking at?

oz-strom
08-16-2007, 11:33 PM
Quote : "Anyway, did You drive the Peg since You've been opening up the exhaust pipes? Any difference in performance, fuel consumption etc.....
I'm eagerly waiting for Your experiences - holding the file ready"

Does this refer to filing the welds on the headers where the flange joins the cylinder? I did this on my DR650 and it made a noticable difference.:cheers:

g-man
08-17-2007, 07:25 AM
Does this refer to filing the welds on the headers where the flange joins the cylinder? I did this on my DR650 and it made a noticable difference.:cheers:

Yep, thats the ones:)

g-man
08-17-2007, 07:26 AM
Panda, i'll PM you the info when i get a minute. :)

g-man
08-22-2007, 05:30 AM
Only a few days left on ebay if any lurkers are thinking about buying a Strada. :burnout:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=270157090192&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=017

g-man
08-22-2007, 05:53 PM
Bike now sold. Picked up my 54 plate Z750 today. 1600miles, and blue in colour. Really different to ride. Doesn't turn as quick as the Peg, but the rear tyre is really badly squaired off. I think the guy did the 1600 miles bolt upright. F*ck me it's fast. Tried my usual power wheelie over the brow of the hill on the back road and almost got a set of top yokes in the face!!

Cheers guys. I'll pop back now and then. Off to find a decent Z750 forum now to fill that up with my nonsence and drivel. :D

PetrolHead
08-23-2007, 04:23 AM
Tried my usual power wheelie over the brow of the hill on the back road and almost got a set of top yokes in the face!!

:D Thats well funny... Fair play G-Man, looks like you got a half-decent price for the bike, take care on that there speed machine!