PDA

View Full Version : Please Help a New Aprilia SR 50 Factory 06 Owner.

AlexanderP
08-05-2007, 01:48 AM
HI Guys,

Its great to be here. To say I have learnt alot from you guys is an understatement. Thanks!

I recently bought a new 06 SR 50 Factory Scooter, and because I live in the South of Perth Metro, Western Australia, the dealership is far away. I had a hard time with the dealership, they screwed up the derestriction process and I had to redo it again a week later, the salesman treated me like some sort of Wannabe cause I wasn't a motorbike enthusiats and knew very little about the bike. Despite that I am very pleased with the bike! I'm only a uni student, so my pririoties are a bit different, so I apologize for my NEWBIE questions in advance and ask you for your patience in answering them, cause I feel pretty embarassed and upset over it.

2 problems though.

I siphoned as much of the dealer's Motul Scooter Expert 2t oil out and topped it up with the Castrol TTS product but accidently got distracted and overflowed it slightly ie 100ml???. and it dripped down into the inner panel and I can't clean it up. What should I do? Can I leave it? Does mixing 2 different oils affect it?

I was checking how much oil I had spilt. While unscrewing the front kick panel(plastic panel where your legs face with the shopping hook ) , I heard a metal pop, and realised one of the metal nut clips the screw screws into had fallen into the inner compartment. I am afraid it will be sucked into tube or etc while I'm riding. I lack the experience and dont know how to open the kick panel so that I can retrieve the clip + the manual dosen't explain how.

Can anyone explain how please? This is my last resort before calling a mechanic.
It would help me out so much.

Thank you.

bangright1
08-05-2007, 03:15 AM
get you manual here, that will tell you how to remove panels and front kick plate
It can be found on the first page of this forum under
Knowledge Repository - SR50 Ditech Tuning
once you open the link you will find a color manual for you bike click on and go to page 15-2
don't worry about the oil mixing you can never get it all out,and if you did you would have to bleed the lines.

biketoczzr
08-05-2007, 08:09 AM
Take off the lower fairing. There are screws in the front and screws under the rubber mat and two at the rear. Once that is off you will find your lost clip. wask down the front with dish washing detergent . That will wash most spilled oil away. The front leg shield dose not come off easy. Just carefully flattin the clip and put it back where it came from .If you cant ,just hang on to it untill you have a reason to take off more body stuff. I never put the lowre fairing on till last because dropping those clipnuts is easy to do good luck.

AlexanderP
08-05-2007, 11:12 AM
Guys,

Thanks so much for your help. You're both champs.

Over and Out.

Alex

biketoczzr
08-05-2007, 11:41 AM
Sorry I ment to say use a mix of water and dishwashing soap . It will wash away enough oil that spilled down the inside of the fairing. I would not use anything stronger becayse of the plastic parts may be effected. and dont worry about mixing oil s just use good cleen oil and you will be fine.