08-03-2007, 04:38 PM
As my previous post collected a new Factory on Thursday

Already ordered

Carbon Hand Guards
Centre Stand
Screen (Already fitted, in Stock)
Tank Bag and Tank Cover

Will post some pictures when parts arrive

My next question concerns exhausts, as the bike already has carbon components I think some Carbon Akraprovics would be in order

Before I go to my dealer can anyone confirm if these are available for the factory version

I've also read that a K&N needs to be fitted to get the best out of the pipes, is this true

Many thanks
Peter

Panda
08-03-2007, 05:02 PM
Nice one!

If it's the Aprilia carbon handguards you've ordered they won't fit, the factory has a radial master cylinder, other models do not.

Carbon Akro's are available from Performance Parts, the Aprilia Accessory ones are Ti only. They will fit nae bother!

To get the best out of the cans, fit a K+N or DNA air filter and a PC3! Modifying the baffles and the air box intake snorkel also helps. Do all this before first service so your dealer can reset the CO settings to suit.

PetrolHead
08-03-2007, 05:37 PM
...and a PC3!

Mmmmmm PC3 :burnout:

Pete M
08-04-2007, 01:38 AM
Nice one!

If it's the Aprilia carbon handguards you've ordered they won't fit, the factory has a radial master cylinder, other models do not.

Carbon Akro's are available from Performance Parts, the Aprilia Accessory ones are Ti only. They will fit nae bother!

To get the best out of the cans, fit a K+N or DNA air filter and a PC3! Modifying the baffles and the air box intake snorkel also helps. Do all this before first service so your dealer can reset the CO settings to suit.

Panda

I did tell my dealer that the handguards needed to be for the Factory as the other models won't fit, read this on the forum, so as yet no carbon guards are available for the Factory ?

Regarding the cans found this information on the forum

I know the carbon pipes are not listed on the Akraprovic web site but they are listed in the dealers listings. I think the part number is SS-A6S01-HDC for the Carbon pipes and SS-A6S01-HDT for the titanium ones

As for resetting the CO I own and run a Garage/MOT Station so access to an accurate emissions tester is not a problem

I've read that you have fitted a PC3, does this help with the fueling issues ?

Bike is still running in so it's early days yet but there are definitely shortcomings in the fuel/ignition maps

I would think half a day on a dyno is needed

Going to get some miles on the clock first already done 200 in 2 days, then go for the cans, filter and PC3 see if we can get this thing running how it's supposed to

Many thanks for your help
Peter

Elvis
08-04-2007, 02:27 AM
For fitting a PC3 on a 2007 model contact dynojet before you purchase
to ask them if they have already a solution to disconnect the O2 sensor.
In panda's bike there is no O2 sensor so there is no problem fitting a PC3.
Fitting a PC3 with the O2 sensor connected is useless and disconnecting the O2 sensor from the plug will make the FI light to be on all the time there for my recommendation to contact dynojet first.

Long time ago i ask the PC3 people about the O2 sensor for another bike i had and this was there replay

The PC 3 will not work in the low range if you keep the 02 connected. You should disconnect it. I don't know why you would want to keep it anyway.Let me know if you have further questions.
Thank you,
Curt Schannen> Dynojet Research> Technical Support

Panda
08-04-2007, 06:20 AM
Panda

I did tell my dealer that the handguards needed to be for the Factory as the other models won't fit, read this on the forum, so as yet no carbon guards are available for the Factory ?

Nope, not as far as I'm aware, there are SXV handguards which might fit, but I think so far the only way top know is to buy some!

Regarding the cans found this information on the forum

Yep, those will be the Akro part numbers, Aprilia Genuine Accessory cans are exactly the same, only they don't list carbon.

As for resetting the CO I own and run a Garage/MOT Station so access to an accurate emissions tester is not a problem
Have a search on here for the procedure for setting it.

I've read that you have fitted a PC3, does this help with the fueling issues ?
I've never had this problem on any Peg I've ridden, but that could be down to the very Aprilia orientated techie whose set them up, or me dismissing it as a characteristic of big singles, or my riding style, I don't know. I've heard people say F650's and XT660's are bad for it too.

Bike is still running in so it's early days yet but there are definitely shortcomings in the fuel/ignition maps

I would think half a day on a dyno is needed

Going to get some miles on the clock first already done 200 in 2 days, then go for the cans, filter and PC3 see if we can get this thing running how it's supposed to

Many thanks for your help
Peter
I would doubt the CO sensor actually does much - doesn't seem to affect the running of many other bikes wether you disconnect it or not!

Elvis
08-04-2007, 10:09 AM
I would doubt the CO sensor actually does much - doesn't seem to affect the running of many other bikes wether you disconnect it or not!

It doent make a diffrence if it is conected or not because the bike is tune right so the sensor is not changing the settings but when it will notice a change like a richer mixture (because the PC3) it will tune it back as before thats why a PC3 with the sensor conected is usless.

alunj
08-05-2007, 02:50 PM
dynojet in the states told me the pc3 wont work on 07 bikes :(

Elvis
08-06-2007, 02:42 AM
dynojet in the states told me the pc3 wont work on 07 bikes :(

And this is because they don't know how to open the control loop of the O2 sensor with out the FI light being on.
The problem is they don't have the new pegaso in the US so they can not work on it.
I am sure that the PC3 will work on the 2007 strada but you will need to disconnect the O2 sensor and live with the FI light on all the time.

dazzawra
08-07-2007, 10:09 AM
I`ve got an 07 Factory. I found that the fuelling issues seem to reduce after fitting a DNA Air Filter and Leo Vinci cans. It gets even better when you take the baffles out, but is very loud.

I`ve just fitted the PC3 and found that I now have a big flat spot in the bottom rev range. Havn`t been able to open it up due to traffic. So, later I`m going to try a new fuel map and will disconnect the 02 sensor to see what happens.

dazzawra
08-08-2007, 03:31 AM
OK, installed the map from the Power Commander website that is the closest match to my setup (Leo Vinci EVOII silencers, no baffles, snorkel removed, DNA Air filter), disconnected the o2 sensor. No problem and no warning lights on the dash.......coool

Panda
08-08-2007, 03:39 AM
Leo Vinci EVOII silencers, no baffles, snorkel removed, DNA Air filter

I can hear you from here!

Elvis
08-08-2007, 07:48 AM
. No problem and no warning lights on the dash.......coool

This is interesting news :cheers: maybe you should inform PC3 people about your findings.
From where did you disconnect the sensor, i didn't check but is there a plug
somewhere on the line?

kpapr1
08-08-2007, 08:21 AM
OK, installed the map from the Power Commander website that is the closest match to my setup (Leo Vinci EVOII silencers, no baffles, snorkel removed, DNA Air filter), disconnected the o2 sensor. No problem and no warning lights on the dash.......coool

Hello from me, too. I just bought a 07 factory. I want to ask for what model the PC is for, because I asked here in Greece and told me there is no PC for the 07 model and to contact the factory. It must be either for the 06 model or for the Yamaha XT660 then.

dazzawra
08-14-2007, 10:06 AM
You have to use the same model Power Commander as on the 05-06 model. I got mine through this website link:-

http://www.1066customcycles.co.uk/acatalog/Online_Catalogue_APRILIA_Power_Commander_1729.html

Part number is 926-411. :bond

To disonnect the o2 sensor, follow the wire that goes up from the sensor on the front of the headers, you will find the connector just below the tank. Just unplug it. You can use the same PC3 maps as published on the Power Commander website.

I`ve got much better drive when accelerating although the power delivery is a bit more lumpy than before when the bike is still not up to temperature.

If I can convince myself the money is worth it, I might get the bike dynoed and a custom map created.