PDA

View Full Version : and he's off

velvet
08-01-2007, 02:16 PM
Hello from me...

I've lurked on here for a few weeks. I bought a Pegaso Strada a few weeks back and have been riding it around Manchester and the surrounding moors to get used to it.

Well today I very lamely took a spill at a mini-roundabout 250m from my house. A van beckoned me on, I entered, he then started to enter, I stalled in 2nd and went sliding downnn.

Apart from a very badly damaged ego :whiner: I have snapped the clutch lever in half and slightly bent the gear change lever. Calls to local dealers have revealed no stock of these parts and I have been advised Italy have now shut down for August so order times are likely to be 'beyond 8 weeks mate' :WTF:

Can anybody help out at all? The slightly bent gear change I can live with but half a clutch lever is too much.

If anybody knows a dealer or friend with a clutch lever get in touch and I will be very grateful.

Apart from that hello from a noobie...

PetrolHead
08-01-2007, 03:40 PM
Hello and welcome... gutted to hear of your spill, admitedly I'm a bit paranoid of this kind of thing, I've even thought of ordering a spare set of levers so that I've got em in case i need em... I've heard of a tip to drill a small hole toward the end of the lever to weaken it in case of this so that only the very end bit breaks off, hopefully the hand guards I've ordered will offer a degree of protection to the levers.

As an idea you could take the bit you've got left to a metal fabricator and ask them to do a cheap temporary fix whilst you wait for the official part.

Good luck with your search, if you go on the Aprilia site you can get a list of dealers and give them all a call.

g-man
08-01-2007, 04:15 PM
Try Panda first, if he cant help i'd try these guys....

http://www.apriliayorkshire.co.uk/_catalogue/partcatalogue.jsp/Catalogo=%3D4205&%255Fbikename=Pegaso_Strada_650_IE_2005

Strada_Stu
08-01-2007, 04:33 PM
I would have thought leavers from other bikes or non standard parts would fit, have a look at some other bikes at your local dealers to get an idea.

Panda
08-01-2007, 05:19 PM
Sorted, don't worry about it, spoken to Velvet....
I think the Pegaso clutch lever is unique in the Aprilia range, although the first one I ordered had a "GU" part number so they must fit a Guzzi.

AberdeenAngus
08-01-2007, 05:24 PM
You de man, Panda

velvet
08-01-2007, 05:59 PM
He is indeed 'de man' :cheers: :cheers:

and thanks to G man for the useful link...

Petrolhead: I was in a rush and running late - just shows that losing your concentration induces errors more easily...still not made a tit of myself like this for a few years!!!:happy:

velvet
08-04-2007, 03:06 PM
Quick thumbs up to Panda for sorting out the parts so quickly.

Cheers again mate

I'll probably be back for a luggage rack any time - do you stock them?

navychief
08-05-2007, 02:55 AM
Would highly recommend the luggage rack. Picked up my bits and pieces from Panda yesterday and fitted them last night. I have to admit, they're better than any throw-overs I could have got. Worth every penny. (Just need to plan my tour now!)

Thanks Panda, excellent service. (When I need anything else, I'll be popping in)

Colin :)

DonFanatico
08-05-2007, 03:10 AM
Panda, do you have an online shop or is it in person only?

Where are you based?

Clotted Cream
08-05-2007, 05:48 AM
Would highly recommend the luggage rack. Picked up my bits and pieces from Panda yesterday and fitted them last night. I have to admit, they're better than any throw-overs I could have got. Worth every penny. (Just need to plan my tour now!)

Thanks Panda, excellent service. (When I need anything else, I'll be popping in)

Colin :)

What did you buy Colin and how much? Was it the Aprilia or Givi rack?

Kev

Panda
08-05-2007, 06:54 AM
Quick thumbs up to Panda for sorting out the parts so quickly.

Cheers again mate

I'll probably be back for a luggage rack any time - do you stock them?
I've got one on back order at the minute. I'm not sure I'm alowed to say much about my work on here, but I run a shop for a national accessories chain. You could PM me if you're after stuff I suppose.

navychief
08-05-2007, 07:36 AM
Kev,

I got the Panniers and Supports, Tank bag and Harness. All Aprilia. (I also bought a screen, but that wasn't for me). All for a very, very reasonable price. I'm not bothering with a Topbox, as I'll just bungy a rollbag on the top of the backseat.

I know Panda can't say too much, wouldn't be proper to do any covert advertising! But he's worth a PM if you need anything. (and it's a nice ride to the shop)

Col

PetrolHead
08-05-2007, 07:42 AM
navychief, would be greatful if you could post some photos once fitted, am interested to see how the tank bag works and what its like.

joe bar
08-05-2007, 09:16 AM
I've got one on back order at the minute. I'm not sure I'm alowed to say much about my work on here, but I run a shop for a national accessories chain.

Panda - it's always been clear to me and I'm sure others, that you post on here as an individual who is enthusasic about his Pegaso.

The fact that you work at a dealer is of benefit to us all, with your insight. Certainly, you have never pushed the fact that you work for a dealer, and that is to your credit.

However, I like a few others on here, have had excellent service from Infinity Motorcycles in York, and I feel there's no harm in mentioning it, if it helps someone else.

I would have no qualms recommending any other dealer I've had good service from on here, so can't see the difference if it's yours :) :) .

navychief
08-05-2007, 10:37 AM
Only a quick one from the phone! I'll see if I can get a better aspect for the next one.

navychief
08-06-2007, 02:24 AM
Some additional shots to give you a better idea. :)

joe bar
08-06-2007, 03:39 AM
Mmmmmm. Not pretty is it :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

MFAL_KL
08-06-2007, 09:09 AM

ha ha ha ....

navychief ... you give me the urge to go and do shopping for my planned trip in December ....

21 days trip to and fro .... KL Malaysia to Southern China ... via Thailand, Laos, Vietnam and China ...

any one wanna join? .. he he ... just asking .. i know i know ... half a world way ...

err .. navychief .. what's all those equipment cost you? just wanna have some idea ...

navychief
08-06-2007, 09:32 AM
MFAL,

That trip sounds like it'll be amazing. (Beats my little trip to Scotland!) I'll PM you the details. Good luck on your adventure.

Clotted Cream
08-06-2007, 01:44 PM
You'll have to let us know how the tank bag fares during the trip.

Kev

PetrolHead
08-06-2007, 03:29 PM

I've seen much worse http://www.freewebby.com/shocked-smilies/cover.gif But the less said about that the better!

Looks much better than a lot of the aftermarket tank bags, strange cover fixing thing but good protection to the tank.

Enjoy your journey Navyman.... what GPS is that bracket for?

AberdeenAngus
08-06-2007, 03:58 PM
I used the same tank cover and bag on my recent swim across Norway.
Very useful. Nice size. The pocket closest took my Autocom, walkie Talkie and MP3 player nae probs. Main compartment is not huge but, any bigger, and you'd obscure the clocks.
Anyway, I'm a great believer in the more space you have , the more crap you don't really need gets taken !

navychief
08-07-2007, 12:29 PM
I hear ya AberdeenAngus, I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to touring on the bike, so it's a bit of a learning experience at the moment. (I never carried much on the sportsbike that's for sure!) My autocom's under the seat though, so that's one more pocket for me!

PH, it's for the Garmin Zumo. (great bit of kit, in my humble opinion)

Will do ClottedCream, will do. I don't think I'm going to far for the first one - just an overnighter to test the camping stuff and make sure I can survive!!! :burnout:

Naythan
08-08-2007, 04:20 PM
PH, it's for the Garmin Zumo. (great bit of kit, in my humble opinion)

Hear, hear, I love mine

obijohnkenobe
08-09-2007, 06:33 AM
A few mentions of the Bagster tank cover / bags have been made on the forum in the past, but does anyone out there actually have one on their Peg? If so, how do they compare to the Aprilia ones? It seems that standard black ones work out about the same cost.

Any views welcome.

Clotted Cream
08-10-2007, 01:23 AM
I had a very expensive quote from Bagster for the cover. I was told my City Trail bag would fit but I am guessing that it is the wrong shape as it is rectangular and not cheese shaped like the Aprilia bag.

Kev