PDA

View Full Version : Low mudguard on the Trail

Frodo
07-29-2007, 02:16 AM
There is another thread about putting a high front guard on the Strada. Has anyone gone the other way by putting a low guard on the Trail? I travel unsealed roads a bit and would like to stop mud spraying all over the front of the bike. Also keeps the bike a bit drier on wet sealed roads.
Thanks

PetrolHead
07-29-2007, 02:47 PM
Was struggling to picture what you meant, so pasted the trail, strada and factory versions together...

DonFanatico
07-29-2007, 05:49 PM
he wants to know how to lower the front mug guard on the trail to be like the other two, i think

:)

Clotted Cream
07-30-2007, 01:00 AM
Get together with somebody with a Strada and try it. I rather suspect it would be a case of just bolting it on.

Kev

Strada_photos
07-30-2007, 01:06 AM
The rear sections on the trail and strada are different.
The fork legs are also different, hence nowhere to mount a strada front section.
Not as easy as it would seem.

Frodo
07-30-2007, 02:56 AM
Yeah, a low guard like on the Strada. Trouble is that Aprilias are pretty rare here, especially Pegasos, so it is difficult to compare. And with the price of Aprilia parts, getting one is a gamble I'd rather not take.

While the lower fork tubes are clearly different, all that matters are the lugs where the guards mount. But the Strada has a 17 inch wheel, compared to a 19 inch, but the tyre is larger ...

The guard on my old F650 appeared as though it might fit.

Cheers,

Panda
07-30-2007, 05:49 AM
Strada and trail mudguards are totally different. Aside from the fact that the fork legs are different on strada and trail models, that strada also has a fork brace under the mudguard which bolts on horizontally, whereas the trail mudguard mounts on vertically.

DonFanatico
07-30-2007, 06:32 AM
Have you tired searching for aftermarket guards on t'internet?

Clotted Cream
07-30-2007, 08:24 AM
Oooopps forgot about the different wheel size:pissed:

Kev