PDA

View Full Version : ...white crap...

Bump
10-24-2003, 04:16 AM
...when i read scootnfast's topic about that white shit in some di-tech injectors....I was thinking, maybe I have some of that shit in my injektor....i gues what....I have....a lot of that stuff.....my question to u....how to clean that? with gas?.....os yes....I used fully synt. CASTROL TTS....so which semi synt. oil to buy?....thanx

P.S. if you have di-tech take off your injekor....u never know what you can find there:D

rstewart1737
10-24-2003, 06:45 AM
Is there a gasket required?

-Rick

Haribolman
10-24-2003, 04:49 PM
To Bump and scootnfast,

I've looked at the photos of the "dirty" injector and am wondering is it easy to inspect? When you look at the motor from underneath the bike, is the injector the black cap near the sparkplug that hangs down? And if so, do I just unscrew the screws to open it up?

I'm running Castrol TTS and I live in a humid climate and because of all the rough running problems I've had, it wouldn't surprise me if I had shit in my system too!

Thanks.

TiminIndy
10-25-2003, 02:01 AM
Mototek recommended the Maxim Pro Scoot for me. I have some now and I'm thinking of draining whatever oil is in there so I can start using.

Anybody know the best way to drain it and/or how I bleed it?

Bump
10-25-2003, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by Haribolman
And if so, do I just unscrew the screws to open it up?

yes, I think there is just 3 screw, but maybe the fuel will leak :( ...i not sure because i take injector out and then unscrew everything....good luck ;)

scootnfast
10-25-2003, 05:20 PM
Well I had a difficult time finding a semi synthetic oil at a place that was convenient for me to get some. I decided to go with yamalube. It is sold at any yamaha shop and is what they use in most there 2-cycle dirt bikes. It works great for me. I haven't had any problems since I switched. And ther is a Yamaha shop right down the road from me. So that is a great convenience for me also. I know motul makes a semi synthetic injector oil, but no one around me carries it.

As far as draining the oil, under the right side of your seat is actually where the oil reservoir is located. If you take off the farings underneath the seat and the ones that go around your scooter where the heels of your feet rest, you will expose the reservoir. You will see the tube that comes from the bottom of the reservoir. Follow it to the pump/flow regulator. The hose will be held onto the flow regulator with a very small clamp. Remove the clamp and drain the oil. If you try to disconnect the hose after the flow regulator, the oil won't drain as it will only pump oil while the scooter is running! I was able to use the clamp over, but it was very difficult to get back on. You may want to purchase a small hose spring clamp to replace the one you remove.

Good luck!

Haribolman
10-25-2003, 05:27 PM
scootnfast,

can u confirm that I only need to unscrew the 3 screws at the bottom of the injector (near the spark plug) in order to inspect it? And if so, does any petrol leak out?
Thanks

scootnfast
10-25-2003, 05:36 PM
Yes, read through my posting on how to install the big bore kit, There are pictures that will show you how to remove your injectors. When you remove the torx nut to remove your fuel line, gas will spill out very fast! Just look at my posting and you will see. After you remove the fuel line, there are only 2 bolts that hold the injector onto the cylinder head. Just remove those two bolts and pull the injector off.

You will also need to disconnect the wire connectors also. After the injector has been removed, dissasemble it entirely and clean it with gas if there is water present. When re-assembling, use some oil to lubricate your o-rings.

Haribolman
10-25-2003, 06:08 PM
this sounds like a bigger job then I thought. I was hoping to make a casual inspection without removing many body panels or enigne parts. But it sounds like I need to really get at the motor and I don't like the idea of trying to get near it with all the plastic in the road. I'll have to ponder whether I want to go to this trouble.

kevin
10-26-2003, 05:12 AM
sorry,but what wire connections should we disconnect??great job scootnfast,your help is relly good.thanks

SideWinder SR
10-26-2003, 07:17 AM
Originally posted by Bump
...when i read scootnfast's topic about that white shit in some di-tech injectors....I was thinking, maybe I have some of that shit in my injektor....i gues what....I have....a lot of that stuff.....my question to u....how to clean that? with gas?.....os yes....I used fully synt. CASTROL TTS....so which semi synt. oil to buy?....thanx

P.S. if you have di-tech take off your injekor....u never know what you can find there:D

kupi brate valovline... imaš ga za 40 kn u motormaniji... mirna zemlja...

rstewart1737
10-26-2003, 03:48 PM
OK, forgive my ignorance, but I understand that the DiTech is fuel injected, oil injected, and air injected. Did Aprilia combine all three systems into one injector nozzle? I don't understand how condensation from the air injector line has anything to do with the type of oil used unless all systems came out of the same injector. Is this the case?

TIA
Rick Stewart

phidauex
10-26-2003, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by rstewart1737
OK, forgive my ignorance, but I understand that the DiTech is fuel injected, oil injected, and air injected. Did Aprilia combine all three systems into one injector nozzle? I don't understand how condensation from the air injector line has anything to do with the type of oil used unless all systems came out of the same injector. Is this the case?

TIA
Rick Stewart

Check out page 6 of this document about the ditech injection systems, there is a diagram there of the two stroke 'aSDI' system that the ditech uses:

http://www.apriliaforum.com/techtips/sr50/orbital.pdf

What you see is that air coming into the system has oil mixed in via an oil injector just prior to the reed valve. Then this air/oil mixture is sent into the crankcase. Air from the crankcase is compressed and sent to the fuel injector. That compressed air mixture contains some oil I believe, and that is what is forming an emulsion with the water in the compressed air. Water in compressed air condenses much easier than in regular air. The emulsion is the gross sticky stuff causing the problem.

Now, the quick fix, the little water trap, is being placed on the line connecting the air compressor and the air injector, correct?

I wonder if another solution would be to try to trap water on its way into the crankshaft, by using some sort of filter (silicon beads?) that would absorb water from the air before it even gets to the reed valve.

Either way, I haven't experienced any trouble in 2600 miles, so I'm not going to disassemble my injectors right now.. Maybe if I get bored this winter though. ;)

peace,
sam

rstewart1737
10-26-2003, 11:30 PM
Thanks for the link phidauex, that's really helpful. I took my injector apart tonight and didn't find any white goop or anything else at all for that matter. And I have close to 8000 miles on mine using synthetic the whole time. I now primarily suspect the air pump because:

1) It's got spark
2) It's got gas
3) It's getting air (removed the filter which was soaked in oil, BTW)
4) When it was running it was idling like a carbureted bike with a rich carb and a float adjusted too high. It would start to sputter, then die out unless I revved it and revving it was sometimes an act in futility.

'Course the computer could be malfunctioning... I'm gonna have to take it in to the hacks...

Bump
10-27-2003, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by SideWinder SR
kupi brate valovline... imaš ga za 40 kn u motormaniji... mirna zemlja...
ja ga kupio u mercatoneu za 26 kn :cool: :cool: :cool: he he pa si ti misli