PDA

View Full Version : Brakes??? (with content)

PetrolHead
07-24-2007, 02:01 AM
Posted this last night but the forum died on me during the post so it appears to have missed the content.... this is what I typed:

Checked my brake fluid levels and my front is below minimum :confused: brake performance is still excellent, checked the manual and it says to check the pads before topping up for rather obvious reasons, but can anyone reccommend firstly what brake fluid to use and also if it is front pads, any tips on whats best and where to buy from?? Will check front pads tomorrow.

(Can a moderator please delete the other thread as there's nothing there and it wont let me edit. Cheers)

Panda
07-24-2007, 08:37 AM
Just top up with a decent brand of DOT4. Let the bottle sit overnight to let it setle before you do it.

Its's not likely to be your pads until 10k+ ; I'm at nearly 9000 miles and mine are fine, although I did have some EBC "HH" pads in for about 1500 miles. The stock pads are excellent, normally HH's make a huge improvement but not so on the Pegaso. HEL hoses made a slight improvement though.

Random fact: the Pegaso brake pads are made by Toshiba.

MFAL_KL
07-24-2007, 09:27 AM
" the Pegaso brake pads are made by Toshiba."

Aha ... no wonder my brake lock-up and hang like my notebook .....

:-) ha ha ha

DonFanatico
07-24-2007, 09:50 AM
Have yo tried pressing the clutch, front brake and rear brake together? :banana: :)

:kidding:

PetrolHead
07-24-2007, 03:09 PM
Thanks for the tips... I trotted off to halfrauds and duly spent my hard earned green on an expensive pot of fluid...

Got the bike carefully covered to ensure that I didnt strip any paint by accidental spills during the top-up... screwdriver out and removed the cover :bangwall: :bangwall: :bangwall: :bangwall: Grrrrr... how annoying, the reason why I couldnt read the level in the window is that the fluid reservoir is full to a point over that of the level of the window.

What a waste of time and money!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

I suppose at least I know that I'm now safe and sound... Is there such a thing of over-full? as there isnt a maximum level shown anywhere.

Clotted Cream
07-24-2007, 03:33 PM
You shouldn't over-fill as when you try to put the diaphragm back in and put the lid on, it may overflow.

Kev