PDA

View Full Version : Air Filter

tubbyone
07-23-2007, 01:08 PM
I have done a search and couldnít find anything. Has anyone tried removing the air box and just running a single K&N? I know there would be some fabrication to make it work, thatís not a problem. My concerns are, will it run lean? I have a 2002 with the 70cc kit if that helps at all.
I am new to the whole scooter thing so any help would be appreciated.

Ciudale
07-23-2007, 02:12 PM
Before asking, do a search on the Ditech forum with "air filter". I you search a bit, you will know that its not recommended to install an aftermarket filter on the bike, better to use some upgraded foam filter like the Malossi one.
And welcome, by the way !

THE MAX
07-23-2007, 02:39 PM
There is no power to get there ,only trubbels with water/dirt sucked in

-As Ciudale says ,use the malossi red,or split the stock foam in 2 layers (only posible on some models)

.::sTocKSr5O::.
07-23-2007, 06:40 PM
If it helps any, I use the Malossi Red Foam filter (dry) and noticed an improvement (more air) in acceleration as soon as it went in. If you are going to be riding where it is dusty/dirty then I'd soak it but, if pretty much all of your riding will be on the street then a dry Malossi Red should do the trick nicely.

Remember these are Direct Injected scooters. The K&N would be suited for a carbed setup.