PDA

View Full Version : 01 rsvr or f4

knotty
07-21-2007, 03:24 PM
so i have an 01 rsvr and i have been tossing around the idea for the last few days about selling it and buying a mv f4 ! what do you guys think ? :confused:

JLF
07-21-2007, 04:24 PM
Ah and you just bought your RSVR!

Well, to be honest... I actually thought about that too.

But I decided to stick with the V Twin flavor.

No question the F4's are stunning.... Are you talking a 312? Does Motocorsa have a used F4 in stock?

Its a tough decision!

How are they on trade in values?

JLF
07-21-2007, 04:26 PM
Hey, before you do anything... Maybe we can talk about your suede seat and pipes?

knotty
07-21-2007, 05:22 PM
Hey, before you do anything... Maybe we can talk about your suede seat and pipes?

sure !!!:cheers:

JLF
07-21-2007, 08:13 PM
Cool!

Let me know if you decide for sure to get the F4 and we'll get together for some tradin... :burnout:

Kemuri
07-22-2007, 12:35 AM
I think MVs are currently the best looking bikes out there but the mech issues keep me at bay. A bike that can't be ridden regularly is useless to me. Honestly my Aprilia experience has me close to the edge, love the bike but have had to dump way too much extra cash just to get the bike up to where it should have been out of the box. I've also had way too much down time. This seems to be worse with MVs, you might want to check out this thread:

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=10295

If you have the patience, time and extra cash it could be cool for a second or third ride though.

5hundo
07-22-2007, 10:19 PM
If you have the patience, time and extra cash it could be cool for a second or third ride though.

Look for the 2008 models to have solved that problem...

RHT3
07-22-2007, 11:01 PM
My F4 750 has been WAY more reliable than my '05 RSVR Factory.

I'd find a good deal on an F41000 and keep the Ape. My 00.5 Mille was one of the best bikes I ever owned. My F4 is also fantastic, for entirely different reasons.

I say, one of each!

AmareAprilia
07-23-2007, 02:54 AM
Why do you want to sell it ? I thought you just bought it a month ago ?

knotty
07-23-2007, 09:06 AM
i did i just have some things going on right now ! and i was thinking about selling my " i know you guys dont like it but " harley as well just so i could save a little money !!!! and i was only going to have one bike for now !!!

vananator
07-23-2007, 11:14 AM
I own both a rsvr 04 and a mv f4 1000. Scince purchasing the mv a year ago Its had two trips for warranty totalling 2months and one week and counting all during summer months. thankfully my ape hasn't sold so I am not bikeless or cage bound. Yes they run hot and my issues were related to coolant loss out of the overflow and waterpump wich makes its way down the bellypan and all over the rear tire:mad: also waiting on a countershaft seal for the leaking oil problem. Its a brilliant bike; but I want to ride! when I think about my ride destination and it envolves stop and go traffic or the outside temps are up I take the ape. If I didn't own two bikes I would not be riding-see above statement I want to ride! hope this helps.VAN p.s. after purchasing dream bike I spent 500 dollars more on pc with custom map. emmisions I know but every body deals with that and some manufacturers don't have horrible on off throttle

knotty
07-23-2007, 01:12 PM
i keep hearing the ape is a better bike !!!!! so i might just stick with it !

JLF
07-23-2007, 05:18 PM
Cool! Either way would have been on OK decision... but hey, you already have the Mille!

5hundo
07-23-2007, 06:20 PM

They're both fantastic bikes. Sometimes it all just comes down to what feels right to you. If your gut is telling you to do something, do what your gut tells you.

jandrade
07-23-2007, 07:15 PM
keep the mille buy the f4 when you can afford to have both

jmorgan
07-23-2007, 09:36 PM
i have a f4 750 and have had no problemes with it. the 1000r have some problems overheating, im sure they will have problem fixed soon but if you want to get an mv you can still find a new 05 f4 1000s. plenty of power same great looks and a little cheaper and as far as i know the 1000s doesnt have the problem with coolant temp

knotty
08-02-2007, 05:40 PM
thanks for the info guys !!!! it helped i'm keeping the rsvr !!!

Skwurlz
03-24-2009, 10:52 AM
Buy the RC8.

Dissident
03-24-2009, 02:46 PM
Buy the RC8.

You couldn't pay me to trade my Mille for that thing. Yuck.

Didn't care for it before I rode one, cared for it even less after.

Skwurlz
03-26-2009, 09:30 AM
That bad of a Bike huh? It would seem like thye have everything pretty sorted.

gts455
03-28-2009, 11:15 PM
I still love the 312r if i had the extra cash i would pick one up. Actually before i bought my mille it was a toss up between a new 312r or a used mille r. I decided on the mille r and saved myself 18 grand and couldn't be happier. I think i will eventually get the 312r, but a lot further down the road.

kilat
04-02-2009, 03:35 PM
Apparently the new owners ended up with quite a few F4-1000r left when they took over and are offering them to HD employees at some absolutely crazy prices. IF you know a HD employee, you may be able to score one at a pretty good price!

Spartukus
07-24-2009, 07:33 PM
I think MVs are currently the best looking bikes out there but the mech issues keep me at bay. A bike that can't be ridden regularly is useless to me. Honestly my Aprilia experience has me close to the edge, love the bike but have had to dump way too much extra cash just to get the bike up to where it should have been out of the box. I've also had way too much down time. This seems to be worse with MVs, you might want to check out this thread:

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=10295

The overheating is a problem but simply solved with a Vesuvio metal fan and replace the plastic one, or get the NEW water pump and impeller MV just released.
As for being able to ridden regularly, I ride the shit out of my MV! I just don't ride it to and from work like I do with my RSV

Spartukus
07-24-2009, 07:43 PM

this is an Aprilia Forum!!! Ask the same question on MVAgusta.net and see what you get.

Two very different bikes! I enjoy my Aprilia because I can ride it every day to and from work. I love my MV because it is a WSB on the streets!
So think of it like this, do you want a Porsche 911 (Aprilia) or do you want a Ferrari 430 (MV)?
:peace:

gts455
07-24-2009, 09:16 PM
i test rode a mv brutale yesterday. i loved it. great bike and awesome throttle response. i was impressed. ill never sell my mille r but i may just have to add the brutale to the collection.

Spartukus
07-27-2009, 11:53 AM
I've never riden the Brutale but as far as naked bikes go, it is gorgeous. You can probably get a good deal on a nice used one!

gts455
07-27-2009, 06:41 PM
I've never riden the Brutale but as far as naked bikes go, it is gorgeous. You can probably get a good deal on a nice used one!
yea im going to wait for a cheaper used one. i just cant talk myself into 13 grand right now especially with the RSV4 and S1000r coming out. Sparatakus wish i couldve been around for that euro meet. i was born and grew up on long island and just moved to colorado two years ago. next time i visit the parents we may have to link up.