PDA

View Full Version : Seat heights

g-man
07-12-2007, 09:05 AM
Right then guys. I've been have a go on various bikes recently. Had a run on a new R6 (reminded me exactly why i sold my sportsbike) and a KTM Superduke. The Duke is trully and awesome bike, loads of fun, but i would easily lose my licence on it.

Getting back on the trusty old Peg after riding them i realised the main problem is the seat height. It felt like i was on a motorbike when i rode the other bikes. Got back on the Peg and it felt like i was on a scooter. The seat is really low. (one thing i notice tho wa none of the other bikes were as flickable or as qiuck steering as the Peg:) ).

Has anyone tried the optional higher seat?? Or have anyone of the Factory guys ridden a std Strada to compare the seats??? I cant find a demo Factory anywhere but would really like to try the bike with a higher seat on it.

Panda
07-12-2007, 11:09 AM
I tried the higher seat but I didn't like it - the extra foam makes it feel like your tyres are soft. We've got one in stock though if you want one... I think the factory is in between the standard Peg and the high seat option.

Are you still running your shock on soft settings? Maybe some pre load will help?

Elvis
07-12-2007, 12:26 PM
I tested 2 pegaso 2006 before i bought my factory, the strada seat is more for my taste because it is wider and without inclination but it is low
so i think the answer will be the factory seat with some modifications.
I am going to open the seat and use a sand paper to level it more.
to bad you don't leave near me then we could swap for a week to see
the difference.

alunj
07-12-2007, 12:47 PM
when you are 5 ft 2 then the seat height is just great !
It makes a change as all the other bikes i tried were huge for me :(
I can imagine if you are 6 foot ish it would feel a little small !

g-man
07-12-2007, 01:15 PM
Are you still running your shock on soft settings? Maybe some pre load will help?

Rear shock is 3 clicks from full hard now and there are 3 clicks/notches of preload. The bike came set at 2. There is almost no static sag now. I dont really want to rump it up any more. There is some sag when i sit on it, but it doesn't drop by much.

I've just modified the seat. I'll post up pics in the Pimp My Peg thread :)