PDA

View Full Version : 7500 mile serivce on 2006 SR50 DiTech

p700
07-10-2007, 02:24 PM
Has anyone got their 7500 mile service on a 2000 SR50 in the US. I am overdue for mine. What can I expect to pay?

muchacho
07-10-2007, 05:23 PM
Don't know, but I recommend that you have them look at your fork seals and if you can, change the crank bearings.

bikemonster
07-11-2007, 10:27 AM
Change the crank bearings? Yeah, that's a minor job.

p700
07-11-2007, 02:54 PM
i talked to the dealer yesterday and i turns out that it is not as big of a service as I had originally thought. I thought they were gonna to a whole top end. In the meantime, someone tried to steal my SR50 last night. I keep a xena brake disc lock on it so it wasn't going anywhere. I found it this morning lying on its side all scrapped up. bastards!

jksu2000
07-11-2007, 09:06 PM
i just bought an 06 sr50 today....was nervous leaving it at a local college parking lot. worried about starving college kids walking off with the bike.

do you recommend the xena locks? the aprilia one is pricey but i do like how the xena is small and can probably sit under the seat when not in use.

did you get a silver/chrome one or a bright red/yellow one? i may just use one of my cheap bike u-lock type until i decide.

so what was involved again in 7500 service?

i just ordered come agp oil. anything else i should look into? givi boxes seem pricey...

p700
07-12-2007, 10:52 AM
I highly recommend the xena lock. I have the chrome one. The only problem is that the alarm trigger is a little too sensetive and I goes off sometimes for no reason. I just took the batteries out and don't even worry about sound. I have been through two Aprilia BodyGuard cable locks and they both break within a month. By break I mean that I didn't need the key any more to open it up. Totally useless.

I had a 2003 SR50 that was stolen, then recovered but destroyed. It is really difficult to steal the 2006 since it has the anti-theft fuel pump deal with the key. That, coupled with my xena lock makes it nearly impossible. Except I guess a few guys could lift it up and throw it in the back of a truck.?

I don't know exactly what they are gonna do to my scoot tomorrow for the service.

Good job on the AGIP oil. Look into light rollers and a pipe. Lots of infor here on the forum about that.