PDA

View Full Version : tuono handlebars

millemash
10-21-2003, 02:31 PM
all you tuono people out there when you are riding in what you know is a straight line does your top yoke look like it is in perfect alignment also the handlebars too.i ask because my racing is definitely awry yet the bike runs true.i have been told by dealer it is an optical illusion on my part.not impressed!

ApexMolester
10-21-2003, 06:38 PM
do you have a rear swingarm stand which lifts both sides of the swingarm?

if so,

put the bike on the stand with the front wheel as close to a wall as possible so the tire touches the wall.

center the bars to your eye.

measure the distance from the wall to the center of the bar ends.

if it's not the same, then adjust it so it measures out to be the same. does the bar and trip assembly look centered?

do the same to the lower fork tubes at the axle area.

this low-tech measuring should help to detect any differences given the wall is plumb within a 1/4" or less.

cornercarver
10-21-2003, 09:42 PM
It really probably is an optical illusion. The support for the front faring and dash is not straight, and even though that is obvious, it still tricks the eye into seeing a handlebar that isn't straight.

On the other hand, it is certainly possible for the front wheel not to be perfectly straight. Loosen the pinch bolts on the axle and hold the front brake while bouncing the bike up and down. That should cause the front wheel to center itself if it isn't already. Then tighten the pinch bolts back up.

--sam