PDA

View Full Version : Speedometer insert.

jusdan
07-02-2007, 09:07 AM
Heya guys & girls,

I wounder if anybody knows where I can buy a speedometer insert?

by which I mean the plastic/metal or paper plate that shows you the speed you are traviling at?

At the moment the speed only goes up to 80kph/50mph

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c292/jusdan/N53Media003-1.jpg
Although the bike can only do 50, I still want the extra mph, because when I'm finished tuning the bike its going to do alot more then 50.

Timmy1
07-02-2007, 05:12 PM
i dont know the anwser to that question judsan but on mine speedometer its says 70 mph in total but if your looking for aftermarket gagues koso has them but again on the forum the new koso gague will not fit yours beacuse your sr needs to be carbrated but check out af1 or call them or you can try to go to a aprilia dealership and ask but i dont really know the anwser maybe don weaner knows the awnser or somebody on this forum

jusdan
07-03-2007, 07:59 AM
Ok thanks for the reply, hopfully somebody knows and answeres soon:bump:

Haribolman
07-04-2007, 03:18 AM
Heya guys & girls,

I wounder if anybody knows where I can buy a speedometer insert?

by which I mean the plastic/metal or paper plate that shows you the speed you are traviling at?

At the moment the speed only goes up to 80kph/50mph

Well, at least you've got the more accurate speedo. Earlier SR50's have a 120km/h speedo that is so inaccurate it's laughable. They have 20km/h error at top speed! The speedo you have is usually regarded as being very close to accurate.

aprilia_adam
11-03-2007, 01:56 PM
Hi does any body know where i can get a koso tacho speedometer for my sr 50 ditech 2003?

let me know if u do, thanks

jusdan
11-04-2007, 10:11 AM
Hi does any body know where i can get a koso tacho speedometer for my sr 50 ditech 2003?

let me know if u do, thanks

E-bay defantly do them, and all the scooter tuning sites.

Ciudale
11-04-2007, 10:15 AM
The only prob is that you won't have the injection check/diagnosis light.

ercis
11-04-2007, 10:36 AM
there will be some other probs, tacho or something wont work, search for it!:rolleyes:

jusdan
11-07-2007, 12:31 PM
I have found a site that sells speedometer inserts!!!

http://www.speedokit.de/Bilder%20Tachoscheiben%20kmh/Motorrad/Aprilia/Aprilia.html

For Ditechs and carb versions!

pmpaluda
11-07-2007, 03:04 PM
I have found a site that sells speedometer inserts!!!

http://www.speedokit.de/Bilder%20Tachoscheiben%20kmh/Motorrad/Aprilia/Aprilia.html

For Ditechs and carb versions!

Cept for the OEM DiTech has higher speed indication than there inserts do...

Haribolman
11-07-2007, 05:51 PM
Cept for the OEM DiTech has higher speed indication than there inserts do...

If you're referring to the ridiculously inaccurate 120km/h speedo, then he's MUCH better off with the 80km/h insert. It's graduations will be a lot more accurate!

That site is a great find, I might get one for my bike! Biggest problem would be fitting it...it's a pain to try and remove the speedo.

pmpaluda
11-07-2007, 07:21 PM
If you're referring to the ridiculously inaccurate 120km/h speedo, then he's MUCH better off with the 80km/h insert. It's graduations will be a lot more accurate!

Would you share what your smoking? :)

Seriously, if you read this post he's looking for something that indicates more speed than the STOCKer speedo (ie. above 80km/hr which he's got)

And an insert wouldn't change anything...

Haribolman
11-07-2007, 08:20 PM

Seriously, if you read this post he's looking for something that indicates more speed than the STOCKer speedo (ie. above 80km/hr which he's got)

Thank you for correcting me. I fell victim to my own pet hate of people not reading all of a thread!!

And no, not smoking....just sniffing my armpits.... :)

jusdan
11-08-2007, 04:05 PM

Thats excally what I trying to say!!

I don't want a whole new speedo Just the paper or ally insert that shows more that 80, even if if it did show that over 80 was inacurate I wouln'd care, I just want more there.

And what ever you smoking, PUT IT OUT LOL

Snugg
11-08-2007, 04:18 PM
If you found the proper program for your computer, you could design your own insert!

ercis
11-08-2007, 04:23 PM
If you found the proper program for your computer, you could design your own insert!

designing is one(can do it even in paint :) ), but creating it is another :rolleyes:

THE MAX
11-08-2007, 08:27 PM
Here you will find exampels

http://www.scooter-freaks.nl/forum/showthread.php?t=3202&highlight=teller+achtergrond

jusdan
11-09-2007, 06:01 AM

I have tryed this with corel paint shp pro.

Very easy to do but it just getting it printed, By that I mean the size, it might come out bigger or smaller but I want it qulity printed.

ercis
11-09-2007, 06:47 AM
I have tryed this with corel paint shp pro.

Very easy to do but it just getting it printed, By that I mean the size, it might come out bigger or smaller but I want it qulity printed.

you need a special material (they're called plasma panels... atlest in latvian... :) ), to get the proper look! with simple paper it won't look that good... :cheers: