PDA

View Full Version : New Rider in Kent

MilesB
06-30-2007, 05:19 PM
Hi All

Just picked up my new Strada today, so I thought I better introduce myself.

I live in Maidstone, Kent (UK), and until I bump into Athelstan will be the only Pegaso rider I know. I spent the last four and a half years terrorising the locals on a Ducati Monster, and will still ride with the local branch of the UK Monster Owners Club (www.ukmonster.co.uk), who are a great bunch - despite their need to carry a spare cylinder around with them :happy:

Anyway, after a good christening in the 'mildly moist' conditions on the way home, the new bike is tucked up safely in it's new home. It's a silver one by the way.

Hope to see a few of you out there.

Ride Safely
Miles

keithc
06-30-2007, 05:30 PM
Always good to get new members. I am sure that you will get a lot out of visiting this site.

Keith

Clotted Cream
07-01-2007, 08:49 AM
Welcome. Hopefully we will get a few more posters. I hate keep coming to the board and finding nothing new;(

Kev

Elvis
07-01-2007, 01:01 PM
Welcome. Hopefully we will get a few more posters. I hate keep coming to the board and finding nothing new;(

Kev

A report of the GSG front fork sliders coming soon together with
hand guards if i will find something that will fit

Clotted Cream
07-01-2007, 01:14 PM
A report of the GSG front fork sliders coming soon together with
hand guards if i will find something that will fit

I have rather nice GS650 hand guards. Perfect fit and look factory. :)

Kev

Elvis
07-01-2007, 01:44 PM

Kev

"look factory" but will not fit my factory :)

keithc
07-01-2007, 03:57 PM
GSG front fork sliders ?

Keith

Elvis
07-02-2007, 12:37 AM
GSG front fork sliders ?

Keith
http://www.gsg-mototechnik.de/94-gabelfusse/vc007.jpg

MilesB
07-02-2007, 07:08 AM
Kev - saw your pictures elsewhere - looks very good, so will be adding these as well as the screen and some Givi pannier rails.

Put about 150 miles or running-in in yesterday, playing dodge the rain shower.
The strada is everything I hoped for - comfortable, handles, stops and goes - and puts a big grin on my face. What more could I ask for.

Miles

PetrolHead
07-02-2007, 08:22 AM
Hello, have just bought a Pegaso Trail, have tried to post a new thread but for some reason the system wont allow!? Thought I'd post on this thread to say hello and test if it lets me post onto an existing thread

Good info on here and inevitably I have loads of questions...

Cheers

Naythan
07-02-2007, 03:34 PM
Hi Miles, I agree about this forum being quiet, time we hotted it up a bit!!

MilesB
07-02-2007, 03:39 PM
Hi Miles, I agree about this forum being quiet, time we hotted it up a bit!!
That wasn't me, but I agree with the sentiment. The activity on the Monster Owners Club is astounding.

Maybe there needs to be a Pegaso Owners Club - after all, the Peg, in various forms, has been around for a long time now... there must be enough of us out there?

Miles

keithc
07-02-2007, 03:50 PM
I dont think there is a need for another club, just a few posts linked between the 2 forums here.

Keith

Naythan
07-02-2007, 04:12 PM
Sorry Miles, should have added a quote to Clotted Cream in there!

I think we can liven this one up a bit, time I started posting more!!

MilesB
07-10-2007, 07:11 AM
OK - managed to put a few more miles on the Strada on Sunday, despite the Tour de France blocking most of my favourite roads. First properly dry day, so more of the tyres were in use :burnout:

I had a sublime moment; leading a group of Ducati Monster owners, I left all of them behind on the twisty B road between Lydd and Camber on Romney Marsh. The road is really fun - perfect for good handling torquey bikes - and showed my just how good my new toy is.:rolleyes:

A few friends comment on the fact that 'It's only got one brake disc up front!' but I now know that one is more than enough :eek:

Picking up my pannier rails today, with more purchases planned.

Miles

MilesB
07-13-2007, 07:07 AM
Yesterday I was going to ride the Pegaso to work... but when I was about to leave it was raining, so instead I jumped on the Honda 'twist and go' Dylan.

Lucky decision for me.

The scoot was parked in it's usual slot in the car park under the office, alongside an RSV-R, Kwak ZR 750 and Z1000. Dozy blonde in a 4x4 reversed into the Z1000, knocking it over onto the ZR750, knocking that over onto the RSV-R, and then onto my scoot - which hit the wall! :pissed:

Result 400 worth of damage to the scooter... I'm only thankfull that I didn't take a two week old Peg in.

The owner of the RSV-R had only had it a week, and it WAS immaculate - broken faring now. The Z1000 will need a new fuel tank.

The driver stopped, looked over, then picked up a passenger and left the building - without reporting it or owning up :pissed:

Fortunately, we managed to catch it all on CCTV ;) , allowing us to get the car registration, type, colour, and recognise the passenger she picked up - who works in my office. We know who you are, and now we know where you live...

Don't fancy their bill!

PetrolHead
07-13-2007, 07:27 AM
Fortunately, we managed to catch it all on CCTV ;) , allowing us to get the car registration, type, colour, and recognise the passenger she picked up - who works in my office. We know who you are, and now we know where you live...

Fantastic investigation skills, well done! (gutted for the bikes/owners mind, thats one thing you could do without). Hows office working relationship's then with the guilty party!?

Brucaliffo
07-13-2007, 07:30 AM
Dozy blonde in a 4x4 reversed into the Z1000, knocking it over onto the ZR750, knocking that over onto the RSV-R, and then onto my scoot - which hit the wall! :pissed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPcxYn1Q6Tg

:bump: :bump: :bump: :bump: :bump: :bump: :bump: :bump::bump: :bump: