PDA

View Full Version : In what order ? - Engine change

Rainham
06-26-2007, 02:47 PM
I've managed to find a replacement engine for my sick ditech. Is there any special way of getting these engines out easier or any tips people can give me before i start changing it. Thanks ( i've tried to find a thread on taking a Ditech engine out but cant find one on here - is there one? )

muchacho
06-26-2007, 04:37 PM
Try following the instructions on this page:

http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10027

Rainham
06-26-2007, 05:11 PM
Cheers mate, thats just what i needed to find.

techrat1
06-27-2007, 01:21 AM
Where are you located? what is wrong with the old engine, and do you have any plans for it? I would be interested in getting even a badly damaged non running morrini ditech to play with... I have a lathe and milling machine and want to try to make some custom performance parts for the engine, but don't want to take mine apart and be without it while measuring things and experimenting.

ercis
06-27-2007, 11:13 AM
techrat: would piaggio egine fit my aprilia which has a morini engiene?

Rainham
06-27-2007, 02:04 PM
Techrat - I'm in London. As for the engine i don't know what is wrong with it. Probably something small knowing my luck. It gets a spark and it has good compression but refuses to start so because it hasn't started for so long and this other one came up i've bought it and just plan to change the whole thing. As for the old one i was planning to sell it whole or sell it in parts on Ebay or somewhere. Let me know if your intrested though. It's done 23101 kms and made in 2001.

techrat1
06-27-2007, 09:55 PM
Techrat - I'm in London. As for the engine i don't know what is wrong with it. Probably something small knowing my luck. It gets a spark and it has good compression but refuses to start so because it hasn't started for so long and this other one came up i've bought it and just plan to change the whole thing. As for the old one i was planning to sell it whole or sell it in parts on Ebay or somewhere. Let me know if your intrested though. It's done 23101 kms and made in 2001.

I am interested, if you would ship it to Alberta, Canada, PM me and let me know what kind of deal you want to make...

Rainham
07-01-2007, 05:56 PM
Thanks for all the advice on this forum. I had all the old unit out and the new one in within an hour and it's now running all ok. The new unit is slower than my old one was so i'd like to find out more about derestricting it. I've checked and the variator has had the washer taken out already... any more ? My old unit used to do 55mph easy and the new one sits at 45mph and has no more to give. WHY ????