PDA

View Full Version : Oil

Panda
06-25-2007, 04:21 AM
There's a technical bulletin on the Aprilia dealer site saying they've put the wrong recommended grade of oil in the handbook - in chapter 6 "Scheduled Maintenance" it says you should use Agip gear oil, it should read "Agip Tec 4T SAE 15w/50".

keithc
06-25-2007, 07:17 AM
There's a technical bulletin on the Aprilia dealer site saying they've put the wrong recommended grade of oil in the handbook - in chapter 6 "Scheduled Maintenance" it says you should use Agip gear oil, it should read "Agip Tec 4T SAE 15w/50".

Thought that looked a bit strange when I saw it :) Thanks for the info.

Keith

Elvis
06-25-2007, 07:40 AM

I hope my dealer didnt go by the book in my first service :eek:

bangcik
06-25-2007, 09:10 AM

Thanks for your info Panda, i also didn't notice that.

rodrigo
06-26-2007, 05:46 AM
Which handbook do you mean? I don't see a chapter 6 with that title (Spanish version) on mines.

Also, does this mean we have been getting the wrong oil in all the services?

Panda
06-26-2007, 09:34 AM
I'd doubt any workshop woud be daft enough to put the wrong oil, so I wouldn't worry about it. The bulletin has just come out so it might only affect the latest owners handbooks.

DonFanatico
06-26-2007, 02:29 PM
do you have the link to the techincal area on the site and can anyone log on?

Panda
06-26-2007, 02:51 PM
Sorry, dealers only. It's not very exciting though, you're not missing much.