Dvus
10-18-2003, 02:07 PM
Let me tell you what happened.

It was about 9am about 55 Degrees F
I just fueled up 3gals of 92 octane from Texaco
I decide to head up towards Mt Rainier.
It wasn't to high of an elevation just the foothills
15 miles into the trip i feel a slight hesitation

@ 560miles on the odometer, as I was rolling on the throttle there was a slight hesitation no biggie. Happened a couple more times. My thoughts were perhaps gravel. Then in 3rd around 4kRPM the bike just bounces from 4k to 3.5kRPM and i have to twist the throttle to full in order to get out of it. After that happened on a regular basis. I called my dearler. I'll bring it in today they'll have till Wed at the latest. Had an appointment for the 600mile check up. They will change to race map for me and check the valves among other things. I'll let you all know what is causing the bike to hesitate at 4k RPM and 6k RPM.

*EDIT*

Dvus
10-18-2003, 03:30 PM
Hmmm! now the bike won't start at all. Don't know why.

Thunder Factory
10-18-2003, 05:03 PM
Dvus

Have absolutely no idea if this is the cause, but by any chance have you an alarm with an in built imobilser fitter?

I did hear that there were problems with aftermarket alarms conflicting with the bikes own immobiliser if they immobilised certain circuits.

Just a thought and to let you know the "collective" mind is reading this. :D

Dvus
10-18-2003, 08:29 PM
Well I happened to be a little frustrated that the bike wouldn't start so what I ended up doing was to un screw the 2 bolts on the front of the gas tank and had it lifted then tried starting it. It worked. I let it down and refastened all the bolts. The bike runs and purrs like a champ again. No problems whatsoever on my ride to the dealer. Funny huh? Shit like that happens! Anyways they'll have it over the weekend through Wednesday to figure out why I have crappy gas mileage and do the 600mile service. The head mechanic thinks that the a line got pinched when they swapped the tank either that or vapor lock happened to the tank regardless of what happened he still doesn't know why I have shitty gas mileage. Ohh well. Until then I just wait for my decals from Chris and hope that it stops raining when I go to pick up my bike Wednesday.

And no I don't have any after market alarm system.

I do plan on hooking up a direct connect radar detector to the bike though.:D

clarkie49
10-18-2003, 10:46 PM
if it happens again open and close your gas cap

clarkie

r100gs
10-19-2003, 05:00 PM
Vapor lock and bad fuel milage do not go together. I think they messed up and the tank switch.:bitchslap

clarkie49
10-19-2003, 06:14 PM
:cool: ok then :cool:

Bill in OKC
10-20-2003, 09:45 AM
Moto Guzzi had some problems like this. My theory is they got the check valve in backwards - it would let pressure out but would not let air into the tank. My Sport would start running really bad about half tank and then I would open the filler and a massive rush of air would rush in. I ended up removing the valve altogether. The later Sports had plastic tanks and you could actually see the tank deforming as the vacuum would build up in them - to the point of damaging the tanks. I wonder if there might be some cross-pollination between Guzzi and Aprilia.

Dvus
10-20-2003, 09:47 AM
Thanks for the info Bill. I hope they fix whatever the cause is. The 04 RSV also have plastic tanks.

mixR
10-20-2003, 12:42 PM
With regard to gas mileage, someone has posted on rsvr.net that a new STD map will be available in a couple of months to address issues with the current one.