PDA

View Full Version : Project 04 Pipe Complete

mille-ryan
10-17-2003, 06:38 PM
Well finally got the son of a bitch done today. Sounds so much better now, and feels just as quick, some of my studder prob is gone but will try the other map thru the Axone on tuesday simce they didnt know you have to get an activation code from Italy.But everything went prett well. Will post some pics maybe :D :D I was bad and get my Image station shut down.Sound is maybe a little louder than ma HArris pipes, but should get louder or at least more crisp once the packing breaks down. Used an M4 core of 2 &1/8" instead of the 3 incher i had made, which was way loud. If any one wants to do this themselves, let me know, I can give ya the short cuts since I was the guinnee pig.

But at least I down sound like a lawn tractor no more :banana: :banana: :banana:

Dvus
10-17-2003, 06:51 PM
cool can't wait for the pics and sound clip:peace:

Micah / AF1 Racing
10-17-2003, 07:04 PM
Send me the pics and files, I will host them on our server for you. Congrats on getting this done. I too ordered some cores and look forward to seeing your results.

mille-ryan
10-17-2003, 07:52 PM
Hey Micah sorry about not getting back to ya, but been sick with Strep throat, freakin yuck. The Cores are 2 &1/8" and 18" long(no peter jokes from u wise guys either). I'll try to get a sound clip. See how it runs this weekend on stock settings, plus I may throw on a 42 rear sprocket I have. Belive me, they coulda been done much better, specially the second time around, but hell I got race cans before everyone else for maybe like 70 bucks in parts and some help from a few friends.

Thunder Factory
10-18-2003, 02:05 AM
Congrats Ryan, look forward to hearing the results.

On the subject of a 42 rear, I fitted one last weekend and it is a big improvement.

:micah: :bond:

mille-ryan
10-18-2003, 06:29 AM
Thanks for the info Thunder, may do that today once the sun comes up. Does it make it feel more like a twin and less like an R-1? It just seems to have a lot of speed up top and not as much grunt down low as me older Mille.

Ans yes sorry to all, I will try hard to get a sound clip somehow, my current digital camera dont record sound, brok the one that did:(

Thunder Factory
10-18-2003, 10:37 AM
Ryan

I played wit a couple of sprockets including fitting a 15 on the front (equivelent to 3 up at the rear) and even 15 front with 42 rear which was totally insane! :fangs:

The 42 is a compromise until the chain stratchs a bit, and the I'll go with a 43 on the rear as I'm not a lover of going smaller at the front.

Just for your info one of the Uk guys who has had the race can map activated commented it makes a big gain at low revs when combined with the cans so looks like interesting times ahead.

Can't wait! :bitchslap

PS He also said his last dyno had 125 at the rear with the map, cans and a loosening engine! :banana:

Dvus
10-18-2003, 02:26 PM
Sounds good I can't wait to get my bike back from the dealer when they change the mapping:D I wish my cans will get here soon!!!!