PDA

View Full Version : New Slip-on Question

grabdawg
10-17-2003, 02:52 PM
I just tried to order the Akrapovic slip on for my bike and found out that they are back ordered until mid November. They tried to sell me a Harris slip on that they had in stock there at EMA. Does anyone have any experience with Harris, and if so, how is the quality and how does the sound/noise level compare to the Akro? Thanks for your help in advance!

BigGlen
10-18-2003, 06:12 AM
Dawg,

All the Harris stuff I've seen including thier pipes is top self stuff.
High quality.
But I heard from lots of people that the Harris pipes are LOUDER than most other pipes!
EMA is probably sold out of the Ti Akro slips because they have such a great price. Retail is like $650 and I think EMA had $499 price.
If you still want the Akro slip and cant wait, try Indysuperbikes.com
They gave me a price of $575. They actually order it through Lockhart. Now Lockhart probably charges full list so they might still have a supply of them. Yet, because Indysuperbike will get it at distributer price then sell it to you at thier discount price, you'll get it for $575.
Tell Indy that your friend got it from them for $575, if you have to.

hank
10-18-2003, 07:12 AM
Tigcraft also make an excellent slip-on in both 50mm & 60mm configuration and they include an EPROM. I spent a lot of time researching and really like the build quality of the Tig.....

Contact Dek Sawyer who is a regular on the Mille area - he will send you some good info.