PDA

View Full Version : Mods - exhaust pipe going under

MFAL_KL
06-07-2007, 08:40 PM
Hi,

Glad to have found you guys here .... and what a group of cool fellow Strada's owner.

Would like to to introduce myself ... my name Fadzil from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and been riding Strada for a year and half ....

Am I insane or what ..?! I'm thinking of mods project ... to reroute the exhaust pipe going underneath the engine (ala Yamaha XT660X) but the can units original position remains!

What do you guys think ... is it practically possible?

Thanks in advance.

keithc
06-08-2007, 03:45 AM
Everything is possible. I cant see why you would want to do it though. As many XT660 owners have found this put the pipes in a place where thay could get damged, especially off road.
Still it would be different

Keith

bangcik
06-10-2007, 06:58 AM
[QUOTE=MFAL_KL]Hi,

Cukup tempat ka nak ubah paip exhaust ikut bawah enjin,Yamaha XT tinggi kena cari org yg pandai bengkok paip.Kalau tak ngam nanti ada leaking kat join.

MFAL_KL
06-12-2007, 01:24 AM
He he thanks guys ..

the prime reason to re-route the pipe is to reduce the heat that radiate and frying the right leg if stuck in heavy traffic .. plus of course a bit of asthetic reason .....and may improve a bit on the exhaust flow ... (instead of the exhaust gas has to go through the bend) ..

on the other hand i might be really insane .. ha ha ...

Clearance problem will only emerge if going off-road as pointed by keithc... i don't think i will bring the bike there ..

keithc
06-12-2007, 05:15 AM
If you dont intend going off road, then maybe a Yamaha XT660X or XT660R system can be adapted to fit. As both bikes use the same engine/injection system this shouldent cause any problems.

Keith

MFAL_KL
06-12-2007, 06:42 AM
Hey Keith ... that was an excellant idea indeed ...

Next, only need to figure out connecting the header portion to the pipe link at the back ... he he

Thanks

Fadzil