PDA

View Full Version : Headlight Blub Changing on a SR50

a5hl3y2k3
10-15-2003, 07:09 PM
hi i recently noticed tht one of my bulbs have gone on my headlights..... well i need to get this changed but there is alot of things that have 2 be mooved by the looks of it... can you tell me what needs to be taken off to get to it becuase it looks like the whole front fairing needs 2 be removed.... oh and if you could tell me .. what bulbs shall i ask for in the shop.. thanks

phidauex
10-15-2003, 07:52 PM
Sounds like you have a euro spec SR, so I don't know for sure, but on my US spec, you only need to remove the front leg guard, the thing right in front of your knees when riding. Its easy to remove, just 12 screws I believe. Then you reach in and find the back of the headlight, then the bulb housing can be popped out from the back, then you pull it free, remove the bulb, put in the new one, and pop the housing back into place. Your manual should show the exact procedure for your model. Its not hard at all. On the US spec, you don't have to take off any screws except to remove the leg guard, everything after that is just press fit connections.

Sorry I can't tell you what the bulb is however, we use different ones on the US spec SRs. However, if you take the burnt bulb out and take it to the shop, it should be easy to find the right replacement, since you can compare it to the old one right there.

Peace,
sam

SideWinder SR
10-16-2003, 04:06 AM
on euro and amer versions u dont need to remove a single screw to change it =)

how do i tsay this? we usually yust stick our hand by forks and inside the scoot... ant then by feeling find the bulbs and remove them.... need like 2 mins to change both ;)

phidauex
10-16-2003, 08:40 AM
It seemed like I could do that on my older SR, but not my Ditech. I think things are a little tighter there now.. Its worth a try though.

peace,
sam

SideWinder SR
10-16-2003, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by phidauex
It seemed like I could do that on my older SR, but not my Ditech. I think things are a little tighter there now.. Its worth a try though.

peace,
sam

its possible on ditech... cuz from Ditech '02 we removed bulbs and puted on Sr '00 cuz sr had non (both died) so frend borought another frend 1 bulb =)

phidauex
10-16-2003, 04:36 PM
Huh, I guess you are right, sidewinder! I went out and tried it, and it was a tighter fit than my last SR, but once you know where the bulb is, you can get it out through the slits in the rubber surrounding the forks.

Thanks for the tip.

peace,
sam

a5hl3y2k3
10-16-2003, 04:56 PM
ok heres what i did.. took a long hard (Harder than before) look at my bike as relized we are all silly:p i noticed if you take off one of the small front side vents you can reach up to where the light cluster is take off the ruber casing and take the bulb out... easy but thanks for the help ne way guys....

a5h,