PDA

View Full Version : How do you adjust the screen?

Clotted Cream
06-01-2007, 11:23 AM
Any ideas? I took the clock surround off but the screen is bolted on from the outside. How do you remove the aluminium covers to get at the screws?

My screen in the the low position and I would like to see what it is like in the higher position.

Thanks

Kev

pegasobaz
06-01-2007, 03:34 PM
Hi Kev, in the gap between the screen and the front panel (above the headlight) there should be two eight mm nuts, these holds the front metal plates onto the screen. Undo both of these nuts with an open ended spanner just enough so they will twist sideways and this uncovers the allen bolts that hold the sceen to the front of the bike.Hope this helps

Clotted Cream
06-02-2007, 08:55 AM
Thanks mate. I moved it to the high position. I wondered why it was twisted. It was because I have put the spacers the wrong way around on one side - oops. Put it back together correctly and it looks much better. Doesn't seem to make much difference though in term of lowering the wind blast. The screen to me is a huge improvement rather than without.

Kev

pegasobaz
06-02-2007, 02:05 PM
Check my previous posts as I also had problems but got it sorted. I ordered two more of the smaller bushes to replace the longer top ones, you could just saw them down or use a lathe etc but anyway it will tilt the screen back a bit more but trust me it works.Mine is in the lower position and i'm six foot three tall.