PDA

View Full Version : Gear Indicator

ThomasPedersen
05-22-2007, 05:06 PM
Hi,

Anyone installed a gear indicator on their Aprilia 2006 Pegaso ?.

Regards,
Thomas

Clotted Cream
05-23-2007, 12:41 AM
You might send an e-mail to the technical department at Acumen or Datatool. They will tell you wether it will work. I asked them about my last bike (Triumph Sprint RS 2002). They said the signal was weak in the bottom 3 gears and so it didn't work that well. It depends on the signal and where it comes from.

Lets us all know how you get on.

Kev

Beau1K
05-23-2007, 01:11 AM
There's a guy here on the forum who got it to work on his RSVR.....

scott2ride - send him a private message

ThomasPedersen
05-24-2007, 05:21 AM
Got this reply from datatool:

The DiGi is designed to fit all bikes so there should be no reason why it wouldn't fit your model. As we do not have any wiring diagrams here and have not fitted a DiGi to your model yet I can not give you the wire colours or locations you will need for fitting. I can explain the tests you will need to carry out to find the wires. You will need an electrical test light.

Earth (Black); Any Dark Blue wire.
Ignition switched live (Red); Any wire that goes live and stays live when the ignition is switched on.
Tacho pulse (Yellow); This wire should pulse on/off/on/off at the same rate as engine speed. You can use the wire going in to the back of the tachometer on most bikes. If you can not find a wire that pulses with the engine running it may be necessary to use a wire that goes to an injector, the generator, the pulse coil (pick-up) or the regulator/rectifier.
Speedo pulse (Green); This wire should pulse on/off/on/off when the rear wheel is turned. This can usually be found behind the clocks.
Neutral (Brown); An earth should appear on this wire when the bike is put into neutral.
If there is anything else I can help you with please let me know.

Regards,

Spencer Barnes
Technical Advisor
Datatool