PDA

View Full Version : Factory tested

grover
10-13-2003, 01:37 PM
German bike mag called "Motorrad" tested the Factory and compared it to the 03 Mille R.
Overall the Fatory came out on top but just by a slight margin.

The Factory is stronger, lighter and faster but according to them more tuned to the track. The brakes f.i. are too agressive for the road (especially when wet) and the gearbox isn't as smooth as the Mille R. Also they state it's less comfortable for tall guys.

According to "Motorrad" the Factory has a dip in torque around 3000rpm and then again at 6000rpm which made it slightly slower as the Mille R below 7000rpm's.

The Factory however handles better, looks better and is more complete.

Anyone notice the dips at 3k and 6k rpm and have a remedy?:happy:

milleman
10-13-2003, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by grover
German bike mag called "Motorrad" tested the Factory and compared it to the 03 Mille R.
Overall the Fatory came out on top but just by a slight margin.

The Factory is stronger, lighter and faster but according to them more tuned to the track. The brakes f.i. are too agressive for the road (especially when wet) and the gearbox isn't as smooth as the Mille R. Also they state it's less comfortable for tall guys.

According to "Motorrad" the Factory has a dip in torque around 3000rpm and then again at 6000rpm which made it slightly slower as the Mille R below 7000rpm's.

The Factory however handles better, looks better and is more complete.

Anyone notice the dips at 3k and 6k rpm and have a remedy?:happy:

Exhuast, remap and bigger air box.........gonna try removeing the flapper

stinky
10-13-2003, 04:32 PM
From what I hear (haven't gone in there yet), the flapper should stay open once you plug the vacuum line that goes to it.

Dvus
10-13-2003, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by milleman
Exhuast, remap and bigger air box.........gonna try removeing the flapper Just let me know when you do it. I'll try to make it too otherwise just point it out to me and take pics. I am dumb I need to see what needs to be modified

Thunder Factory
10-14-2003, 02:03 AM
Have not noiced the dip mentioned at 3000 on the bike, from dyno charts I can see the dip arround 5500 but to be honest when riding it's not that apparent.

Performance Bikes in the UK are currently preparing a comparison feature on the 03 and 04 to be published in next months issue.

Should make interesting reading as they invited Uk owners to a test session to try the bikes back to back and give their comments. :banana: