PDA

View Full Version : Which road for the Strada?

tmms
05-21-2007, 01:05 PM
Where I used to live there where lot of hills with perfect roads for our Strada!
But actually I live in Oxfordshire and there's no bend..all straight lines and turns at 90mph...the asphalt is fantastic but I can't find any road that doesn't make me want something faster. Has anyone suggestion to solve my problem?:confused:

By the way, I'm also looking for "friends of ride" in my area!

keithc
05-21-2007, 01:41 PM
Try a few gentle green lanes :) I live just south of Newbury, maybe I could show you some lanes down my way one day.

Keith

g-man
05-21-2007, 03:20 PM
Move to Scotland. :) Exellent roads up here. Tight and twisty, hills, jumps, everything a Pegaso would want. :plus:

CeeBeeA
05-26-2007, 05:05 AM
Yeah, Scotland's roads are fantastic, when it's not pi##ing down all the time !! So that'll be maybe three days in May and a couple in June then ! Saying that, any decent road north of Glasgow or Edinburgh has got to be worth a trip at some time of your biking life. After 35 years of living in Ayrshire and Glasgow I'll take the flat roads and sunshine in the South any day !!

Loads of great roads in Oxfordshire/Hampshire/Wiltshire that don't begin with the letter 'M' or 'A' and ideal for a Strada. Just get that map out !! :)

tmms
05-26-2007, 09:55 AM
I went for a run (tot 350Miles & 8hrs driving...:burnout: ) and I found this road in north Somerset/Devon that I think is amazingly perfect for our Pegaso!

This is link to see the map: http://www.viamichelin.it/viamichelin/ita/dyn/controller/ItiWGPerformPage?reinit=1&strStartCityCountry=1138&strStartAddress=&strStartMerged=minehead&strDestCityCountry=1138&strDestAddress=&strDestMerged=ilfracombe&image2.x=38&image2.y=10

It's really worth all the 350Miles I drove to get there...!

bigcris
06-06-2007, 05:07 PM
Move up north lad! Cracking roads (snake pass and cat 'n' fiddle to name a few). Loads of A and B roads fun near the sheffield area. Can be a bit cheeky with plod and scameras though. I downside from am 1100cc bike and have no regrets. Yes on the fast stuff my mates bugger off, but on the twistys you can soon catch up and you liceince is safe. Cheers

Top Banana
06-24-2007, 04:53 PM
Don't know which bit of Oxfordshire you are in - but try (from Oxford) A418 to Aylesbury, then A413 to Buckingham, A422 to Brackley and on to Banbury, A361 to Chipping Norton and on to Burford for starters ... always put a smile on my face! If you only find time to do one bit ... the A413 from Aylesbury to Buckingham is the best bit (IMHO!). Hope that helps.

MilesB
06-29-2007, 10:04 AM
I went for a run (tot 350Miles & 8hrs driving...:burnout: ) and I found this road in north Somerset/Devon that I think is amazingly perfect for our Pegaso!

It's really worth all the 350Miles I drove to get there...!
Hey, if you're prepared to do 350 miles in one ride, then get on the A44 and keep going until you hit the sea... at Aberystwyth! Then turn around and go home, enjoying it all again. The road starts off a bit slow (but scenic) through the Cotswolds, then down Fish Hill to the Vale of Evesham, into the Welsh Marches and then into the mountains.

Miles

tmms
07-12-2007, 11:26 AM
Thank you guys for all the informations!
Unluckily two weeks ago I fell off my bike and I broke my right ankle...now I'm walking with crouches and I have a nice plaster....:bangwall:

By the way, does anyone know a good mechanic near Stow On The Wold Gloucestershire/Oxfordshire?

Thanks!

alunj
07-12-2007, 12:49 PM
oops how did that happen ?Give us the gorey details unless its very embarrassing ;)

tmms
07-13-2007, 07:18 AM
Straight line, dry asphalt, no obstacles... just braked with the front and fall off... after 12000Miles riding that bike I still can't understand why!! :bangwall:

PetrolHead
07-13-2007, 03:48 PM
Scary! Did it simply snatch the disc?

alunj
07-14-2007, 12:51 PM
ouch !
thats a real bummer. Heres to a quick recovery !

Dave 44
08-15-2007, 03:04 PM
Where I used to live there where lot of hills with perfect roads for our Strada!
But actually I live in Oxfordshire and there's no bend..all straight lines and turns at 90mph...the asphalt is fantastic but I can't find any road that doesn't make me want something faster. Has anyone suggestion to solve my problem?:confused:

By the way, I'm also looking for "friends of ride" in my area!

I drive from Bedfordshire to Oxford very often & mainly to visit Englands Rose biker pub - Foxs biker diner at Berinsfield or Hughden M40 bike dealer & varying the routes. There seems to be plenty of twisty's. At the Aprilia club event on the 14th July '07 leaving from postcombe the ride out went through plenty of bendy's covering the ox - bucks area's for some two hours. Just where is your, only straights?

Dave 44

DonFanatico
08-15-2007, 03:34 PM
Hey, if you're prepared to do 350 miles in one ride, then get on the A44 and keep going until you hit the sea... at Aberystwyth! Then turn around and go home, enjoying it all again. The road starts off a bit slow (but scenic) through the Cotswolds, then down Fish Hill to the Vale of Evesham, into the Welsh Marches and then into the mountains.

Miles

Nice one Miles, am gonna do that definetely. I live at the beginning of the A4 in London so should take me al the way.