PDA

View Full Version : Just like to say Hi

Clotted Cream
05-20-2007, 03:35 PM
Hi Guys

just traded in my Triumph Sprint RS for a 2006 Pegaso Strada Trail.

Didn't realise you could have so much fun on a 650 single. I found I was getting far too fast and spent too much time in 3 figures. Tried the Strada and liked it. Found a Trail model and loved it even more.

Kev

Naythan
05-21-2007, 11:06 AM
Hi and welcome! Haven't ridden mine for two weeks but am riding to work tomorrow and looking forward to it!

Clotted Cream
05-21-2007, 03:57 PM
41 views and only 1 person wants to say hello.

Wouldn't have happened on the Triumph website.

Are you lot not a friendly bunch then?

Kev

Elvis
05-22-2007, 12:14 AM
41 views and only 1 person wants to say hello.

Are you lot not a friendly bunch then?

Kev

This forum is still trying to find his identity but don't worry we will get there eventually :bump:
The more Pegaso they will sell the better it will be.

Wellcome and don't give up on us yet :worship:

athelstan
05-22-2007, 04:51 AM
Hi Kev and welcome. I too am a new Trail owner and member of the forum.
Just had the first service last week.

new user
05-22-2007, 05:43 AM
g'day everyone,
well hopefully i'll be joining you all soon as a proud pegaso trail owner. i just need to scrape together a little more cash! i have been actually looking at buying one in Italy and shipping it out to australia as they are so much cheaper there. anyway i'm heading off to italy soon and i'm definantly gonna have a test ride. i am as excited as a honeymooners dick!!
cheers

Palouse Rider
05-22-2007, 08:58 AM
I don't have a Strada but I'll say hi! I have a '00 Cube. I wish Aprilia would still import the 650 line to the states, I would buy a Tibet.

the_grump
05-22-2007, 09:24 AM
Welcome....
se we are a friendly bunch - as friendly as can be (tis is ze jerman in me speackink:bump: - but some of us got daytime jobs, and/or have people peeping over their shoulders all the time, at work.
Hope You'll enjoy Your thumper. It seems a lot of us came from bigger, faster "better" bikes, but have found out just how much fun You can have even with a good old mid-sized thumper. SIngles do have more fun, as the say :happy:
In my area (the good old Spessart forest) I sometimes see the locals thundering past, in shorts, hanging off like monkeys, adorning the backs of their bikes with the bare kidneys of their girlfriends (I wonder why that never works the other way round?!), and wonder wether I've got "enough" bike with the Strada (after 24 different ones of all shapes and sizes). But as soon as I overtake them in my typical gentlemanly fashion in the next tight corner :rolleyes: , and/or see all those little crosses lining the bends in the forests I feel quite happy with my Strada. A wee bit more ooomph at 4000 to 5000 rpm's would be nice, but maybe I feel rich enough one day for a couple of Arrows, and a run on the Dyno test stand.
So have a white russian on us and don't pee on that rug, el Duderino:)

the_grump

Clotted Cream
05-22-2007, 11:49 AM
Ha

I knew you were all out there somewhere!

I cannot believe I could have so much fun on a 650 single. Loads of low down grunt. Fairly nippy. 80MPH is really comfortable and relaxing rather than my sports tourer. Tried the Moto strada first at the local dealer in Exeter (Bridge motorcycles). Liked it but a little too much wind blast. I knew I could get the screen for it, but I preferred the look of the Trail. Had to go all the way to Oxford from Plymouth, and buy it from a Triumph dealer.

Thanks for the workshop manual (whoever sent it.)

Kev

oz-strom
05-22-2007, 10:10 PM
I too am planning on buying a Trail in the near future - I will be interested in hearing your results from the Italy import investigation "new user". Otherwise I was planning on buying through Gold Coast Suzuki/Aprilia - maybe we should enquire about group buy discount?

Anyone else interested in buying a Trail in OZ?

Beau1K
05-22-2007, 11:41 PM
HI!....not very many people have Pegaso's on here...but a lot of people read every thread when they are on the site...so don't be bummed out...your brethren will soon expose themselves :eek:

g-man
05-23-2007, 03:50 AM
Hi there. Just noticed this thread. Glad your enjoying the bike. :cheers:

Panda
05-23-2007, 01:26 PM

Kev

Hi Kev,

I'm guessing people on the Triumph site have more time on their hands. What else are they going to do whilst their bikes are broken down?!

25 years riding, owned loads of bikes and ridden more than I could count, previous to the Pegaso was a '97 Fireblade, almost bought a new ZX6R before the Peg...

new user
05-29-2007, 01:42 AM
well buying from italy doesn't look like it will work out as shipping costs are incredible... unless someone can recommend someone??
as for buying together, what sort of discount do you reckon we could get?
has anyone got an opinion on the new KLR 650?

Clotted Cream
05-30-2007, 03:37 PM
Hi Kev,

I'm guessing people on the Triumph site have more time on their hands. What else are they going to do whilst their bikes are broken down?!

25 years riding, owned loads of bikes and ridden more than I could count, previous to the Pegaso was a '97 Fireblade, almost bought a new ZX6R before the Peg...

Your as bonkers as I am. I've had soooo many bikes in the last 5 years. I have done 4 track days. Why am I having so much fun as slower speeds. My last bike was 120bhp!

Kev

Elvis
05-30-2007, 04:14 PM
Your as bonkers as I am. I've had soooo many bikes in the last 5 years. I have done 4 track days. Why am I having so much fun as slower speeds. My last bike was 120bhp!

Kev
I think the reason that you and also i having so much fun on a bike that have only 48 HP is because this bike takes you back to the basics it is light and riding it is easy and fun, more power means more responsibilities, when i ride on the pegaso my mind is clear and i can enjoy the ride.
It is exactly the same at the work place, when you start working at low level maybe the salary is low but you have a lot of fun and jocking around with your colleagues but the more you go up the ladder you become more serious guy and have less fun at work, the pegaso took me back to the good old days

Just my 2 cent of cheap pcychology:happy:

oz-strom
05-30-2007, 10:47 PM
as for buying together, what sort of discount do you reckon we could get?

I know the people at Gold Coast Aprilia - so I will ask about what sort of price we could get and let you know. I know they are waiting on a 2007 demo Trail model, which I plan to buy if I like as much as I think I will.:)

new user
06-02-2007, 03:42 AM
thanks oz-strom.
might be best if i give you my email address: alombardo@optusnet.com.au
the fact that i live in sydney though might create problems. what do you think? also i wont be back from Italy until end of July so i won't be able to buy until then.
anyway lets wait and see what they say
cheers

ps. i have always been weary of buying demo models as i reckon people thrash the bikes when they test them. i know i do. does anyone have an opinion on buying demo bikes?

CeeBeeA
06-02-2007, 07:30 AM
I would never, ever, ever by an ex-demo bike. Usually thrashed to death from day one and even the dealers treat them like sh#t (the dealers I've seen anyway !!).

The savings are never worth the hassle and worry about what went before. If your spending thousands why 'save' a few hundred and end up with a potential load of trouble and cost.

I know, I've thrashed many a demo bike myself over the years !

Heard even worse though, I know someone who has just bought a bike, second-hand, off a bike magazine..........needs his head examined !!

Elvis
06-02-2007, 12:32 PM
I will buy a demo bike only if it is a scooter or a cruisers these 2 are usually not thrashed.
and also only if the price difference justify it.

new user
06-06-2007, 01:58 AM
i got offered a demo with a saving of over $2000 (australian dollars). that is about a 15% saving which i think is quite substantial. i just have reservations as to why the dealer is offering such a discount. i would still need a good warranty to buy it though.
thanks for your advice guys.

Clotted Cream
06-06-2007, 08:46 AM
I would never, ever, ever by an ex-demo bike. Usually thrashed to death from day one and even the dealers treat them like sh#t (the dealers I've seen anyway !!).

The savings are never worth the hassle and worry about what went before. If your spending thousands why 'save' a few hundred and end up with a potential load of trouble and cost.

I know, I've thrashed many a demo bike myself over the years !

Heard even worse though, I know someone who has just bought a bike, second-hand, off a bike magazine..........needs his head examined !!

So have I thrashed bikes - mainly when I am running them in. I never stick to the manufactures rev limit. I use all the revs, properly in all gears, but never labour the engine. You have very little time to ensure everything seats properly to get the maximum power out of the bike after running in.

See here http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm

Kev

obijohnkenobe
06-08-2007, 05:44 AM
Just joined the forum after getting my first Aprilia 3 weeks ago - the Peg Trial. Love the bike (apart from the annoying low-revs misfire?!?!?). Great forum. Hope to contribute soon.

keithc
06-08-2007, 06:53 AM
I am a little dubious of the claims, but may be he is right, who knows. However their are other things to consider. Mainly that when running a bike in, it not just the engine/gearbox unit that is being effected. Its also parts of the suspesion, brakes and even to a certian extend teh drive chain.
Just my thoughts.

Keith