PDA

View Full Version : New owner trying to understand some noises

Elvis
05-19-2007, 12:42 PM
Hi
as some of you saw already i have the new factory model, i done
on it already 700 km (in one week) and i like every minute of riding it
The only thing that trouble me is a ticking noise that i hear until 3000 rpm at
1st and 2nd gear, it sounds like valves free play but i can not hear it when in neutral revving to 3000 rpm the noise is quiet noticeable but it is only a noise there is no effect on the motor power, it is still very smooth.
is this something you have also?
is this noise going away after first service? (because of valve adjustment)

Brucaliffo
05-21-2007, 01:58 AM
Hi Elvis,
I have the factory too and in less than two months I rode it for 2500km already! Great bike, I am having a lot of fun :cheers:
Regarding your problem, try to tighten the screws of all the carbon fibre side guards. I had a similar problem with a noise I heard between 4000 and 5000 rpm and it was due to a couple of loose screws, one on the left heel guard and the other on the exhaust shield

Elvis
05-22-2007, 11:35 AM
Hi Elvis,
I have the factory too and in less than two months I rode it for 2500km already! Great bike, I am having a lot of fun :cheers:
Regarding your problem, try to tighten the screws of all the carbon fibre side guards. I had a similar problem with a noise I heard between 4000 and 5000 rpm and it was due to a couple of loose screws, one on the left heel guard and the other on the exhaust shield

Thanks for the tip, i did check the carbon parts and found some loose screws but it didn't solve the problem.
the bike is now at the dealer for first service and he will check it out, he thinks that maybe the chain is loose.
we will see how it will run when i will pick it up.

BTW i checked what is the value at my CO display and it reads -14 sound a bit low compared to what i have been reading here, any thoughts?

Elvis
05-24-2007, 02:37 PM
Got the bike today after the first service the dealer told there was a very loose valve in there so now i have no noises and i am happy.

did someone checked his CO setting on a 07 bike (with O2 sensor)?
it is still not clear to me if i have an O2 sensor for what is the CO setting?