PDA

View Full Version : Performance Bikes...

Pimmie
10-12-2003, 03:55 AM
... will be featuring a setup guide for the Tuono next month, suspension setup and tuning goodies...:D

Manu
10-13-2003, 05:44 AM
Is there a way to get that mag in Belgium ?? :confused:

Pimmie
10-17-2003, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by Manu
Is there a way to get that mag in Belgium ?? :confused:

Your regular bookshop should have it, in the past I've bought copies in Antwerp, don't know the exact shop though...:confused:

pan
11-01-2003, 04:45 PM
has anybody read the tuono article on performance bikes magazine? ...anbd does anyone know if it is a monthly or bi-weekly magazine. thanks

Pimmie
11-01-2003, 05:41 PM
I should get the magazine somwhere around the 7th of november, I'll let you know what it says.
Performance Bikes is a monthly magazine...

pan
11-02-2003, 02:41 AM
thanks. We get it here in Athens as well, i will make sure i pick up a copy when the time comes. The current issue 'tunes up' the SV 1000, and they do an excellent job explaining and helping in the set up.

greebo57
11-02-2003, 11:05 AM
I bought the mag yesterday, and was rather disappointed to find that only the rsv r (ohlins) is covered.

rsvandy
11-02-2003, 01:59 PM
My experience with PB is forget it! They did a feature on suspension set-up when I had a Mille and it was..wind everything upto the max. - which lets be honest might be ok for a race track but a complete waste of 3.30 odd in reality as mostly we ride these things on the road!

DeTuono
11-02-2003, 05:13 PM
I think that's a little harsh RSVAndy, but you introduce a good point. People have different requirements of their bikes' suspension - track, touring, general hooning around etc.

Then, consider that rider's weight plays a huge part in suspension set up. When I had the suspension sorted on my Tuono, I was fine with the fork springs, but I needed a new rear spring for my 100kg. Someone weighing 80kg or less could well have a totally different set up.

BTW, I have to say that getting the suspension re-built around your needs is the best money you can spend on your bike, particularly if you aren't the snake-hipped italian the bike was set up for. Aside from the new rear spring I had new valves and shim stacks front and rear, a proper service and re-build with synthetic oil and re-pressurisation of the shock. It cost me A$1,000 - so about UKP400 - worth every penny. (I did it at 7,500km, so managed to save myself the cost of the Aprilia scheduled suspension service at that mileage.

Cheers, Nick

Exdukenut
11-02-2003, 09:02 PM
Hey, Nick, now the suspensions sorted, I'd love to have another ride on your bike, if we can find the time! I found the first ride I had on it, it was like, "skipping" over everything, no supplety at all.

Rgds & TTYS.

Look forward to seeing you on the 29th, at least.