PDA

View Full Version : mirror question

redhawk
10-12-2003, 12:05 AM
i missed it if this was asked and answered already. can one of you lucky '04 rsvr/factory owners tell us falco faithfuls if it looks like the mirror/turnsignals would work on the sl1000???

mille-ryan
10-12-2003, 12:19 AM
Why??? They dont work for shit, look pretty, thats about it :(

Dvus
10-12-2003, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by mille-ryan
Why??? They dont work for shit, look pretty, thats about it :( Yup they just put mirrors on turnsignals.:bond:

Thunder Factory
10-12-2003, 03:12 AM
As you have probably worked out from the replies already the 04 mirrors while looking pretty have sacrificed functionality by intigrating the indicators.

As the mirror body is now fixed and adjustment comes from moving the mirror glass rearward vision has suffered so much so that if someone can produce an aftermarket item to improve it I will be first in line with my credit card in my hand.:banana:

As for will they fit the Falco if you post the distance between your current mirrors mounting bolts I'll measure mine and let you know.:angel:

redhawk
10-15-2003, 11:01 AM
thanks thunder. from the sounds of it, the new mirror/signal hook-up's reviews are pretty sad. i'll keep an eye open for replacement signals for my front end.
:peace:

Thunder Factory
10-16-2003, 03:30 AM
Redhawk

Take comfort in the fact that in a recent comparison test the journo said the Ducati 999 mirrors were even worse! :happy:

Oh and also it was almost 30% dearer than the Factory and not as good a bike!

Just can't stop telling people that! :banana:

stinky
10-16-2003, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by Thunder Factory
Redhawk

Take comfort in the fact that in a recent comparison test the journo said the Ducati 999 mirrors were even worse! :happy:

Oh and also it was almost 30% dearer than the Factory and not as good a bike!

Just can't stop telling people that! :banana:

I test rode the 999 right before dropping a deposit on a Factory and I can defiinitely echo the comment on the mirrors. The only way I could see anything at all behind me was to remove my left hand from the bars and look under my left arm. Right side was completely useless, as no physical contortion left anything to be seen but my forearm and elbow with my right hand on the throttle.

I wasn't able to ride it far enough (i.e. beyond city streets) to make much comment on the performance of the bike, other than to note that it's geared even higher than the RSV. The power band is above the speed limit around town in first gear, and if you think the lawnmower symphony of the stock cans is bad, you should hear the rattletrap tractor sound of the stock pipes on the 999 (would be remedied in either case by a thousand dollars of aftermarket can). I really got the sensation of riding a homebuilt contraption, but I'll mention again that I didn't get a chance to sample a taste of the machine in its element.

I also spent a lot of time reading the boards both here and club desmo and decided I'd rather be here with a bunch of folks who love their bikes and seem generally very happy they are part of the Aprilia family instead of pissed off at the manufacturer and waiting for a clutch, rocker/cam, coolant, or flywheel failure that seemed so common over there for the last 6 or 8 model years (!).

Not to mention the 04 Factory costs the same as the standard 999. :banana: :banana: :banana: