PDA

View Full Version : Colorado Owners -- Ride in May?

ninjattorney
04-29-2007, 09:07 AM
Is anyone up for a ride in May, perhaps the peak-to-peak?

Today: Although this is short notice, I'm heading home 'round 10ish to meet some pals at the Western Omlettte in Colorado Springs if anyone gets this and is up for a long ride today. You're more than invited. Just please bring your gear and sense of humor.

Fustern
04-29-2007, 08:24 PM
I'd be game depending when it is. Can we have a stop to bleed the clutches though? :happy:

ninjattorney
04-30-2007, 09:31 PM
If possible, I'm thinking Sunday the 20th? That should give us plenty of time to stew about where to ride. I wouldn't mind doing something other than Deckers for a change. Plus, the fuzz around Deckers has gotten pretty invasive. However, the ride to Bishop's Castle down your way is a ton of fun. Anyone know how that road is this time of year. Deckers last weekend was a little sand-ridden and over run with Harley types.

Maybe we can plan a route and then where to meet. The earlier the better, me thinks. My vote is peak to peak or Deer Creek Canyon/Lookout mountain. Thoughts?

Bleed the clutch? Sounds like we'll need a chase van full of Italian vixens who also happen to be 1st class techs.:cheers:

Fustern
05-01-2007, 09:21 PM
If possible, I'm thinking Sunday the 20th? That should give us plenty of time to stew about where to ride. I wouldn't mind doing something other than Deckers for a change. Plus, the fuzz around Deckers has gotten pretty invasive. However, the ride to Bishop's Castle down your way is a ton of fun. Anyone know how that road is this time of year. Deckers last weekend was a little sand-ridden and over run with Harley types.

Maybe we can plan a route and then where to meet. The earlier the better, me thinks. My vote is peak to peak or Deer Creek Canyon/Lookout mountain. Thoughts?

Bleed the clutch? Sounds like we'll need a chase van full of Italian vixens who also happen to be 1st class techs.:cheers:

The 20th just might work. I will have just graduated from school so it would definitely be nice to take a celebratory run. Bishops castle would be cool. I'm slow though, and don't need a ticket. :D

ninjattorney
05-09-2007, 07:15 PM
There are no trophies here and straightline heros and squids need not apply. Throttle temptation out that way out to TCIR (Texas Creek International Raceway) up to Cripple Creek is seductive, but I don't want tickets (or worse) either.

Congratulations on graduating. When we meet up, you'll have to tell me more about it.

So, I'm thinking sometime that weekend could work. My options are afternoon that Sat. or possibly that Sunday in the early a.m. I'll be in the Springs that Sat. morning until noonish, so pointing south to Bishops could work. Alternatively, I'd suggest north of Denver Sunday morning. At this point I'm not sure what that weekend looks like. My parents are nagging me to do something, so I'm trying to nail that down. If we can set a plan in motion I can probably get something to work round them.

Fustern
05-09-2007, 08:46 PM
There are no trophies here and straightline heros and squids need not apply. Throttle temptation out that way out to TCIR (Texas Creek International Raceway) up to Cripple Creek is seductive, but I don't want tickets (or worse) either.

Congratulations on graduating. When we meet up, you'll have to tell me more about it.

So, I'm thinking sometime that weekend could work. My options are afternoon that Sat. or possibly that Sunday in the early a.m. I'll be in the Springs that Sat. morning until noonish, so pointing south to Bishops could work. Alternatively, I'd suggest north of Denver Sunday morning. At this point I'm not sure what that weekend looks like. My parents are nagging me to do something, so I'm trying to nail that down. If we can set a plan in motion I can probably get something to work round them.

I am booked on Saturday with a party and a bbq, but Sunday is looking very good for me. AM would be good. I'm open to destinations, but like to keep it at <200 miles round trip if at all possible.

ninjattorney
05-13-2007, 05:54 PM
Can do. How do you feel about coming North from the Springs and giving the peak-to-peak a go?

Fustern
05-13-2007, 08:58 PM
Sounds good to me.

ninjattorney
05-20-2007, 04:51 PM
For any lurkers who might be wondering, we were blessed with great weather and road, and, no performace awards from the CPD. Another time soon for sure.:cheers:

sank
05-21-2007, 10:13 PM
send me pm in advance next time. I don't check this forum area often.

in fact, I would suggest pm'ing the list in the main co thread, as I suppose most of us don't hang out here much.

:- )