PDA

View Full Version : Aussie Aprilia Riders

Fox
10-09-2003, 02:59 AM
Just thought I'd restart this thread. It used to be in the old forum but has disapeared with the new forum ....

I'm in Sydney and ride a Mille - we have several riders on a ride list here.

If you wish to join the ride list email fox@thebasement.com.au and I'll put you on.

The list is run by Leigh (ExDukeNut) who rides a beautiful Falco ...

FORZA
10-12-2003, 10:09 PM
You guys really should start getting together to form a club. I know they can be a pain but it give the members a common voice, encourage dealers etc. to get involved in whatever it is you may organise and to give benefits to members through trade connections.
I cant get to closely involved because of work but will help all I can to get this off the ground. There are alot of other people out there with the same interests that you and I have, who also ride Aprilia m/cycles but do not peruse these or any type of forums who would be and are willing to participate.
I dont know how to go about this myself but Im sure there are enough brain cells collectively between us to do this.

What are your thoughts gents (and ladies).

Dave.

Exdukenut
10-27-2003, 10:44 PM
We are planning for any Aprilia Riders in Australia, if you want to travel interstate, or even intra state, then on 28th November from 1pm onwards then come and join us. (Somewhere to sleep can be found for intrastate or interstate travellers)

You must ride your Aprilia, and there may be a special showing of the 04 RSV Erre Factory for us, as well as something to eat.

Samplings of my special and renowned home brew will be available.

Email me off forum for address details.

Need to know numbers by 15th November latest, so we can arrange enough food!

Rgds and hope to see you there.

vp rsvmille
10-27-2003, 11:25 PM
I feel like I miss out on all the good stuff due to living in Adelaide. Aprilia riders here are about as rare as hens teeth.

On average, aside from seeing mine on the road, I will see 1 other aprilia per month (and that icludes scooters and 2-strokes).

Exdukenut
10-28-2003, 12:22 AM
Vlad, you could always ride across, or better change states!;)

PS At least you have good taste in the bike you ride!

vp rsvmille
10-28-2003, 10:00 PM
:confused:

Don't temp me Leigh,

There was an offer for work in Fernhill a couple years back.....maybe should've taken it.

PeterH
10-28-2003, 10:12 PM
You think you're the only one! I've never seen another SL100 Falco or R on the road in Perth.

No one replied to my thread trying to find other Perth Aprilia riders either.

Maybe it's me?:confused:

:aussie:

Fox
10-28-2003, 10:16 PM
Even in Sydney you only really see them at the wekend ride spots like Mt White. I think we have made contact with about 8 different Aprilias in the Sydney area ...

Still, you wanted exclusive :)

FORZA
10-29-2003, 08:32 PM
The Putty Rd. seems to always have a lot of Aprilia riders on it.
Every time I have been up there (not regular lately) a couple of others have been hooking along.

Dave.

Fox
10-29-2003, 08:59 PM
I went for a ride a few weekends ago down the Putty > Willombi > Mt White and saw none! I was having a good race with a new Honda 600 and a Hayabusa ...

I hate the Putty - too bloody bumpy for a Mille when you're doing 200+ .. err . I mean 110 ...

NSW roads suck! We have to get rid of Carr ... how can a man Carr not have one! Obviously he nevers drives anywhereas the raods are shocking and getting worse.

After getting back from the motogp you realise how much better the Vic roads are ...

FORZA
10-29-2003, 09:06 PM
Bumps are cool, hang on to the bike more and the bars a bit loose. No cops is the big attraction for me.
Speaking of which, what is the point of the roads in Vic when the cops are waiting on every good bit of it they have.

Oh well, at least we dont have speed limiters yet

Dave.

Exdukenut
10-29-2003, 11:25 PM
Fox, you've got to get your suspension sorted as my Falco with Ohlins just purrs along that road, no matter what the speed!

It's nice to have exclusivity! Sorry you can't find anyone in Perth, why not contact your dealer and see if he can hook you up with a couple of Aprilia riders, after all he's selling them.

Fox
10-30-2003, 12:01 AM
Yeah I really must get the suspension sorted - it's obviously too hard. I wanna get a 16 tooth sprocket too ..

FORZA
11-13-2003, 09:50 PM
After having to sell my beloved '00 RSV-R, I am now back on a real bike again ('69 CL175 aside).
I picked up a 2001 RSV-R very cheaply but in a pretty sad state. It feels good to be able say that I have one of my own again, maybe I can come to Leigh's BBQ now?

I need a rear wheel for this if any one has one laying around doing nothing.

Dave.

Ohmygewd
11-28-2003, 03:06 AM
Seems like l'm the only Victorian on this list:(

I picked my RSV 2000model from a great bloke from Queensland (thx Rod) and so rapt with it!

All l can say it's bloody different after spending the last 10 years on inlines....so easy to ride and handles like a train. Although, l've l have a few issues with the Metezlers M1's, seem to feel squirmish under hard braking (front).
I've just done the airbox and have a DNA filter from Stamnas and the only real mods left to do are:
16-44 sprockets
Pair of dunlop 207GP's or 208's (l have confidence in them)
Fuel pressure reg
20mm ohlin kit .
Race fairings.

As for other Aprilia's...they seem to have a large increase of sales according to AMCN new bike figures but l rarely see them?

Jay

brizSR50
12-22-2003, 04:53 AM
Hi Guys,

Now i know you guys ride the big machines but I have a brand new aprilia scooter and live in brisbane. Just wondering how many other aprilia riders from australia are on here??

Cheers Nick :aussie:

dave
01-25-2004, 01:25 AM
anybody afford to take up the john sample offer of attending the island.? $395. Is that Good? Ive never been to races there. Went there for holidays in summer 15 years ago near got blown of the map. it must be the coldest hole on the face of the earth! and I come from ballarat!

Ohmygewd
01-25-2004, 03:26 AM
$395!!! What the hell do you for $395?

It isn't too bad at the island, always a slight tail wind when riding but generally pleasant....at least they don't the frosty nights like at Ballarat:peace:

Astroboy
02-09-2004, 02:37 AM
yeah the island is a place for wacky weather all right, ive been there probly about 20 times so far and i swear we allways get one day of sideways rain, one day of brilliant sunshine that melts tyres, one day of walking in and out of the pits going 'geez rain or clear up dam it!!', and one day of perfect weather that makes you come back and do it all again.

hey dave when you went there 15ys ago was it for the world superbikes? the day was canceled as it was near cyclone conditions lol.

dpmasunder
02-10-2004, 06:03 AM
Yessum, howdy. Just holding up my hand for roll call.
Nick, where in bris are you?

dave
02-10-2004, 07:11 PM
My reason for being at the island then was burnout recovery after returning from work in PNG as a missionary. I was not in a good frame mind to be locked up in a cold borrowed Bungalow with a wife and three kids while it blew a gale out side. Not a particularly fond memory.

geeeeeez what does that crap mean at the botom of the last reply? dpmasterbator!

Brisbane hey? nice place for a holiday! lived there for five years rode a bike Camphill to Kenmore and returne every day never once wore jacket for protection didnt,
even own one. wouldnt do it nowdays even though I never troweled the bitimen with the body. The stupidity of youth!
It is dificult to be comfortable riding there due to heat and humidity. What do you do to stay safe and comfy?

Fox
02-10-2004, 07:16 PM
geeeeeez what does that crap mean at the botom of the last reply? dpmasterbator!

Hehe - good one Dave.

The weather was certainly bizarre at the last P.I.
I gotta say though I would rather watch the practice sessions and then watch the race somewhere else on a big TV ...

dpmasunder
02-11-2004, 08:42 PM
lol:D Wot? You don't like MV's marketing? Obviously your wrist is not as skillful as mine:rolleyes:
Aaah, riding without a jacket, I did that for while. Scares the shit out of me now.

dpmasunder
02-11-2004, 08:45 PM
To stay safe and comfy? I wear an AXO jacket and Draggin' kevlar pants usually. Riding faster helps with the heat:D

dave
02-12-2004, 06:38 AM
Is that really MV's write up?

Well I'll stand stuffing!

As for the wrist action !!!!!
Ive forgotten what that is all about????

there is a dim dark memory back there somewhere.

Sorry about the comentary on the coment but it did seem like a very convoluted way to say something, still dunno what. and cant be bothered thinking long enough to work it out.

cole68
07-17-2009, 09:19 PM
Hey guys im new to the rideing scene, had my lic 1 year now, first bike 06 rsv.[ i have good taste] im in sydney and want to join up with other aprilia riders,
cole

The duck
07-29-2009, 08:45 AM
Hi cole 68 just been skipping throught the forum and found your thread i dont know how many others you have contacted but i am interested in a ride im in newcastle and have rst1000 be good to chat The Duck.ill send email address off line.

boabtree
08-03-2009, 05:59 AM
Hi cole68 & The duck, I just got my 08 Tuono in May and also keen to meet up for rides. I'm half-way between you guys at Terrigal on the Central Coast. I'll send you both a PM with my email address. Is there really no Aprilia club in our neck of the woods?