PDA

View Full Version : Strada for Sale

g-man
04-24-2007, 11:26 AM
Selling up, advert here.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=017&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=270113418059&rd=1&rd=1

I'll probably keep the bike if it doesn't sell, so no real rush. Just fancy something with more power.

g-man
04-26-2007, 10:52 AM
After the airbox mods, i'm so impressed i'm going to keep the bike for a while longer. :cheers:
Also, from the poor offers i got it's really not worth selling it. :)

keithc
05-05-2007, 04:36 AM
Saw you add on ebay, looked at your BIN price of 3850. I suspect the ofers were lower than you expected as unused 2006 models are currently for sale at 3999.

Keith

g-man
05-05-2007, 04:11 PM
Yeah, the buy it now price was high. But the i was willing to let the bike go for much less that that, but when folk offer £2000 for a 6 month old bike, or offering to swap a 25k 10 year old bandit and cash, then they're having a laugh. :)

Have you tried to buy one of the £3999 bikes yet?? I did back in october and was eventually told there is a £250 pdi and registration fee to be added to that, plus the delivery or traveling to the dealers. Also there is no free 1st service or dealer back up.

The bike worked out to £4250 but after i'd paid for fuel etc down south to pick it up then paid for the 1st service which includes valve clearences it worked out cheaper buy the one at my local dealers for £4400 and got the 1st service free. :cheers:

keithc
05-06-2007, 10:28 AM
I actually picked up my unused (cant really call it new as it is after all a 2006 model) from a dealer 12 miles up the road (Motts Motorcycles) on the 20th of April 2007. Paid £3999, no additional costs for PDI or road rent. I also got 0% fianance on £2999.25 of the cost, with the balance paid as a deposit.
The first service wasent free though, but apprently this is Aprilia's policy. Had the first sevice done on the 3/5/07 @623 miles, cost £196.36 inc VAT
To date I am pleased with the bike which replaces my MZ Baghira 660 (which is still in the garage) for comuting to and from work.
In comparison so far the Strada is quicker than the MZ (which has the earleir 5 valve 660 Yam engine fitted as standard) on acceleration and I think will be quicker on top speed also.
The Strada doesnt seem to be as well planed on the road as well as the MZ, but then again the MZ had Marzochi front forks and a white power rear shock as standard. In all fairness it is a different kind of bike though and more road biased than the MZ.
The Strada is more comfortable.
The Strada has a bigger fuel tank and seem to be more frugal on petrol.
Interstingly I paid £3999 for the MZ brand new in 2001 :)
Standing by for some flack because of the above comments.

Keith

joe bar
05-06-2007, 12:56 PM
Paid 3999, no additional costs for PDI or road rent. I also got 0% fianance on 2999.25 of the cost, with the balance paid as a deposit.

Interstingly I paid 3999 for the MZ brand new in 2001 :)
Standing by for some flack because of the above comments.

Keith

List price of the Pegaso I bought new in 1996 was 5,000, eleven years on it's still about the same :) :)

Also had a MZ Mastiff for a while a couple of years back, didn't last long as it was akin to sitting on a razor blade :mad: .

BeBop
05-06-2007, 01:26 PM
Hi

An update - I too wished my bike - a 2006 Peg Strada had more power - I also though about swopping it for another bike - however I've had more fun on this bike than many a bike! The p/ex values I was offered when it was 6 months old were a joke 2-2500!

So I did something about it.

Being a tight Yorkshireman - 500 + for akrapovics was a non starter - a set of MiVV carbon fibre slip on's for 365 inc postage from Italy were a bargain, a DNA air filter - 34 off Ebay + Power commander 255 - were all puchased.

The bikes on a compromise map until it has a custom map installed + rolling road runs - 80 - for 2 hours work - should finally have sorted it. Will let you know the outcome.

Even with the compromise map - its like muck off a shovel now. Panda was well impressed when he had a go.

So my advice to all is - keep the bike - spend some brass & get the bike going like it should !!!!!!

g-man
05-06-2007, 04:15 PM
Hi

An update - I too wished my bike - a 2006 Peg Strada had more power - I also though about swopping it for another bike - however I've had more fun on this bike than many a bike! The p/ex values I was offered when it was 6 months old were a joke 2-2500!

So I did something about it.

Being a tight Yorkshireman - 500 + for akrapovics was a non starter - a set of MiVV carbon fibre slip on's for 365 inc postage from Italy were a bargain, a DNA air filter - 34 off Ebay + Power commander 255 - were all puchased.

The bikes on a compromise map until it has a custom map installed + rolling road runs - 80 - for 2 hours work - should finally have sorted it. Will let you know the outcome.

Even with the compromise map - its like muck off a shovel now. Panda was well impressed when he had a go.

So my advice to all is - keep the bike - spend some brass & get the bike going like it should !!!!!!

Hi Bebop, Panda told me you were dong a bit of work to your and to hang off and see the outcome of your bike before i sell :) . I'm as tight as two coats of paint too, so dont want to throw at the bike. (Can you post a link to the site you got the Mivvs from??)

I'm impressed with the difference that 2 airbox mods have made, but seeing as the bike isn't worth much i'm a bit reluctant to spend 400 on it especially when i see inline fours like the Z750/100 etc with over 50bhp more for 3500.

I've decided to hang onto it for a bit though. I like the bike on the twisties, and it's popping the fron wheel up alot more now over humps etc. Just need to scour the net to find a set of cheapish cans to free it up a bit more. :cheers:

Keep us posted. :)

pegasobaz
05-07-2007, 01:09 PM
Did anyone see the Motor cycle news this week? there was a MZ mastiff/baghira that had been tuned by a company down south, they're getting 71 brake at the back wheel!!

BeBop
05-07-2007, 01:15 PM
http://www.carpimoto.com/Channel.aspx?Chan=1&Mode=1&Evidence=1&Page=1&BoxTop=1&Lang=EN&brand=7&bike=822&Spec=1&Firm=104&keyword=&x=24&y=25

Gman

You can get new Aliminium one's for approx 300 or the the carbon one's for approx 365 - depends on the exchange rate.

regards
Bebop:cheers:

g-man
05-07-2007, 01:53 PM
Did anyone see the Motor cycle news this week? there was a MZ mastiff/baghira that had been tuned by a company down south, they're getting 71 brake at the back wheel!!

I seen that too. I was chatting to a mate the other day who used to rade quads. He recons our engine is the same as whats in the Raptor quad. Apperenty the guys who race the Raptors were tuning the motor and getting real good power gains and keeping the bulletproof reliability. I think a post on a raptor forum may be needed to find out about this. :plus:

joe bar
05-07-2007, 03:05 PM

I seen that too. I was chatting to a mate the other day who used to rade quads. He recons our engine is the same as whats in the Raptor quad. Apperenty the guys who race the Raptors were tuning the motor and getting real good power gains and keeping the bulletproof reliability. I think a post on a raptor forum may be needed to find out about this. :plus:

Martin Sweet at Slipstream Tuning is the man. He also prepared the works MZ Skorpion supermono racers in the 90's.

http://www.slipstreamtuning.co.uk/

I did make some enquiries with him a few years back when I had a Skorpion, he's definitely not cheap !!

keithc
05-07-2007, 03:07 PM
I have met the guy who built the bike featureed in MCN. He goes by the name of wonky and runs this forum
http://www.teamslipstream.co.uk/forum/index.php?sid=dfe1c798596e4c8b4cc6d48daec3882d
I have heard of the old style Yam 660 motor being tuned to over 80BHP for racing in the supermono class.
This invloves fitting a 105mm piston (standard is the same size as the one fitted to the strada - 100mm) and being stroked as well. Not sure of eventual cc, but I understand that 727cc is obtainable and maybe more.
Wonky's bike runs a 102mm piston (686cc) and has had some headwork done and race spec carbs and exhuast.
As a matter of intrest the company he works for is currently working on a motor taken out of a Yamaha XT660X, the same motor we have fitted in our bikes. Things are I understand looking promising.
As for raptor parts, and I am only going by what I have heard on other forums, the raptor 660 uses the same barrel, piston and cylinder head as the older 5 valve motor, but with ti valves.
The new raptor 700 uses a 102mm piston, giving 686cc. It also uses a 4 valve head, which looks promising as a potential tune up for our engines. It just needs someone brave enough to try it out.

Keith