PDA

View Full Version : Paint Match Aprilia Red?

Dvus
10-08-2003, 05:47 PM
Anyone know if color rite has a paint match for the Aprilia Red/orange color? or any other paint manufacturer. I want to paint my rear hugger the same red as the 04 RSV R and then put one of those aprilia stickers on the hugger imitate the Edwards and haga bike.

milleman
10-08-2003, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by Dvus
Anyone know if color rite has a paint match for the Aprilia Red/orange color? or any other paint manufacturer. I want to paint my rear hugger the same red as the 04 RSV R and then put one of those aprilia stickers on the hugger imitate the Edwards and haga bike.

Its monza red!!!!!! :rolleyes:

BIG DAVE
10-08-2003, 07:40 PM
All you have to do is go to a paint shop that has a color match camera. They take a picture of the pigment and it will tell them how to mix the paint for an exact match. Sometimes they charge $25 or $50 for the service, but it's well worth it!

Dvus
10-08-2003, 07:56 PM
No rattle can that would match the color?:(

BIG DAVE
10-08-2003, 09:30 PM
I guess it depends on what you consider a perfect match. If your eye is somewhat forgiving... go for it. The other advantage you might find once you do the color match is they might be able to tell you what the absolute closest stock color would be. If there is a stock color that is extremely close, than maybe you can get a can of touch up spray paint. I know on my 99 CBR, the white was a perfect match to a Ford color.

Ricky J
10-09-2003, 12:17 AM
The color analyzers are tricked by fluorescent paint, and there's an element of that in Aprilia Racing Red. My painter had to eyeball it the old fashioned way while doing a part for me. It came out perfect!