PDA

View Full Version : Our 2004 RSVR is Here!!!

Micah / AF1 Racing
10-08-2003, 10:28 AM
The bike in all of its greatness arrived a few minutes ago....time to break out the tools and free the beast from it's cage! It should be up and running by noon.

Bill in OKC
10-08-2003, 10:35 AM
That sounds a lot more exciting than sitting here plunking on this keyboard - Sounds great!

Micah / AF1 Racing
10-08-2003, 12:48 PM
She is up and running and off to the State Inspection station accross the street at Austin Ducati to be certified road worthy in the state of Texas. OMG, the new RSVR looks so good....we have made a good choice with this one.

mfield2a
10-08-2003, 01:15 PM
Bla, bla, bla. You know we want pics!:D

Ed / AF1 Racing
10-08-2003, 01:43 PM
just went for a little city and highway mile cruise on it.......the bike is freaking awesome

so different than the older Mille.....

it steers like no other bike.....quick, but VERY stable steering.......turn in takes no effort, just apply a little bar pressure and you just changed 3 lanes, all while being firmly planted on the ground......very solid and refined chassis......it rides like no other Mille or any other bike I've ridden.

it feels so much more smaller and lighter than the old Mille.....

the motor feels a bit corked up.......soon to be fixed

the pipes need to be louder

the mirrors have a little buzz to them...

brakes.....the work awesome....the radial pumps are one finger action, and the new pads are beding in nicely.

the clutch feels good, maybe a bit more linear than the old bike.

it rips nice stable 2nd gear wheelies....not that i know or anything

I absolutely cannot wait until the next trackday......

I maybe out of the office all day......

I love the new bike........

The new chassis....I cannot say enough good things about it....I love it.

cman6453
10-08-2003, 02:30 PM
Will you get the pix up already?!?! :D

Ed / AF1 Racing
10-08-2003, 02:55 PM
here she is in the truck, still all boxed up......brand new

Ed / AF1 Racing
10-08-2003, 02:55 PM

Ed / AF1 Racing
10-08-2003, 02:56 PM

Ed / AF1 Racing
10-08-2003, 02:56 PM

Ed / AF1 Racing
10-08-2003, 02:57 PM

Ed / AF1 Racing
10-08-2003, 02:58 PM
I'll take more pics when Jon brings it back....

hell, at the rate we are riding it, we'll probably do the 600 mile checkup by the end of today...

also, that is not our junk in the background of picture 1. We have a couple of building neighbors. They collect junk for some unknown reason.

Falconas
10-08-2003, 03:00 PM
You have no hurt?
Why are you so bad person?
You don't think of us poor AF readers and old Mille's and Falco's owners that our budget don't allow us more than dreams?
Couldn't you say that the new Mille sucks???

Falconas
10-08-2003, 03:03 PM
Couldn't say that the old Mille is better?????

I just bought my new racing air filter for god's sake!!!!!!:( :mad:

Off course i am kidding. Please put some close distance high quality photos. Please, please;) :)

Rlhay2
10-08-2003, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by Ed / AF1 Racing
I absolutely cannot wait until the next trackday......

Texas World Oct 20 LSTD event?!?!?!?!

--
Ronnie

Ed / AF1 Racing
10-08-2003, 03:17 PM
sorry, it does NOT suck......far from it....

I just cannot get over how well it turns.....other bikes that turn this good with this little effort usually have a very nervous front end that feels unplanted......not the new Mille......planted and rock solid, no twitching, no head shake......our base model does not even have a steering damper....

Ed / AF1 Racing
10-08-2003, 03:19 PM
we're going to be the sole tire supplier for RideSmart's next trackday on Oct 25-26 at TWS, so that will be our next trackday.....

We're racing minis at Cresson on our RS68 this weekend....

Italibikefreak
10-08-2003, 03:20 PM
I've got the exact same bike and I absolutely love it. Just a sweet bike that's all I got to say.:D

milleman
10-08-2003, 05:31 PM
who makes can's already..... black widow? and?.........

Micah / AF1 Racing
10-08-2003, 05:36 PM
I am such an idiot....so excited about our new bike it is out on its 4th test rider of the day....and I have not even ridden it.

buck000
10-08-2003, 09:54 PM
Excellent color choice. Now, please, for the love of GOD, stop talking about it, or I'll have to get one somehow... :cool:

Fox
10-09-2003, 01:53 AM
I wonder how much better the FACTORY is on the road?

Like is it worth the extra dollars over the 'R' .....

Thunder Factory
10-09-2003, 02:22 AM
Fox

That is one of those questions which could run and run. It's doubtful that the majority of owners will ever be able to use either bike to anything near their full potential (I certainly won't) but if the funds are available the Factory makes a lot of sense economiically as it;'s so well priced for the various components fitted to it.

Fox
10-09-2003, 02:55 AM
Yes very true Thunder ....

Manu
10-09-2003, 06:03 AM
From the pics I've seen, looks like all RSVR are delivered with Michelin Pilot sport... Is this true ? Is it the regular tire or a specific ?

Thunder Factory
10-09-2003, 06:47 AM
Originally posted by Manu
From the pics I've seen, looks like all RSVR are delivered with Michelin Pilot sport... Is this true ? Is it the regular tire or a specific ?

R's come with Pilot Sports, Factory's with Super Corsas

mille-ryan
10-09-2003, 07:59 AM
Dont forget they stuck the fatty 190 on the base model again, why ask why anymore, just dont get it.

wavz
10-09-2003, 09:09 AM
glad everyone loves the new bike, guess I will consider the 05.

Thanks for the pics guys, love that color. Maybe this has been discussed on another thread but what are the main differences between the R and Factory ? Aren't the colors for the Factory limited in the states?

Sorry if it's already been beaten to death in other threads, I try to stay out of the 04 threads because my bank account is not ready for an 04 and I would just be torturing myself :)

Jon / AF1 Racing
10-09-2003, 11:22 AM
Stupid rain.

It has been raining here ever since we got the bike. I rode for about 15 miles (in heavy traffic in rain) and while it was fun, I was looking forward to an open road.

Well maybe the rain will stop sometime today.

Thunder Factory
10-09-2003, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by wavz
Maybe this has been discussed on another thread but what are the main differences between the R and Factory ? Aren't the colors for the Factory limited in the states?

I have heard on this board that the Red and Silver will not be available in the US in the Factory version, and the Silver will not be available in the Silver. Some one speak up if I have this wrong.:D

Differences between the 2 models are:

Suspension, Factory Ohlins all round, R Showa Forks and Sachs shock. R does not have a steering damper as standard.

Wheels Factory OZ's R Brembos. For tyres see previous posts.

Bodywork Factory gets carbon trim R has plastic. Factory Frame is black R polished. Factory is not configured for a passenger R is. Factory has a non slip seat cover.

Brakes Factory has the Radial versions.

Engines and mechanicals are both the same.

I think thats about it, but add to the list if I'm wrong.

Just back from the first service and starting to open it up. Shittttttttttttttttttttt

:p

stinky
10-09-2003, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by Thunder Factory
I have heard on this board that the Red and Silver will not be available in the US in the Factory version, and the Silver will not be available in the Silver. Some one speak up if I have this wrong.:D

The silver IS available in the silver. :D But not in the R