PDA

View Full Version : result

rs249cc
03-28-2007, 04:35 PM
brother gets his rossi rep back after reporting it m issing 2 years ago with minimal damage like new ignition and seat unbti and same mileage never been ridden since theft.......

3,400 miles same as when stolen.......:bump: :happy: :burnout:

TuonoGrant
03-29-2007, 03:28 PM
That is a result! He wouldnt be the dealer that got it knicked from his shop front would he? What happens with the insurance in these cases as I assume he was paid out?

burty
03-30-2007, 08:02 AM
That is a result.

A mate of mine had his Husky stolen from outside his house. His insurance paid out and he bought something else. He was looking out for another Husky, spotted one in the paper, went to see it and it was the bike that was stolen from him. He told the Police and they recovered the bike. The insurance company sold the bike to a dealer, and told my mate, fortunately my mate was familiar with the dealer and he managed to buy the bike back for what they paid the insurance for it.

AFAIK. Most insurance companies just sell the bikes on to dealers or send them to auction, some may be willing to do a deal for you to buy it.

ARAIHEAD
03-30-2007, 03:13 PM
Not sure whether thats a good result or bad result after 2years!!!:confused:

rs249cc
03-31-2007, 01:19 PM
only damage was hat i did as steering lock/ignition was goosed so i drilled it out otherwise i would have been all day trying to get the bike to van in small circles.:bangwall:

and broken mirror apart from thats its same just needs a good wash.:bump:

and proper result as at time it was sorned and garaged at his home and uninsured so money in the bank scenario:cheers:

vatoloco
04-12-2007, 11:26 PM
A friend of mine had that same issue He bought my bike,because his got jacked,after he bought mine,he saw it parked called the cops got it back,now has both bikes.

Atleast you got it back,and she didnt get ghost rode or parted or even Violated at all.

ARAIHEAD
07-07-2007, 12:57 PM
only damage was hat i did as steering lock/ignition was goosed so i drilled it out otherwise i would have been all day trying to get the bike to van in small circles.:bangwall:

and broken mirror apart from thats its same just needs a good wash.:bump:

and proper result as at time it was sorned and garaged at his home and uninsured so money in the bank scenario:cheers:
If you're happy , then we all are for you!:cheers: