PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone seen my Factory?

ukfactory
10-03-2003, 11:09 AM
I have had my Factory on order for a while and have been waiting patiently. I found out today that they have sent it to the wrong dealer!!! I wish I knew who "they" were so I could kick "their" asses (metaphorically of course...I oppose violence).
Anyway...it is on its way and should be in on Tuesday. Seems there were quite a lot of problems with the UK distributors.

stinky
10-03-2003, 12:02 PM
According to my dealer, mine wasn't expected, so maybe I got yours. Thanks, buddy! ;)

ukfactory
10-03-2003, 02:42 PM
They REALLY got it wrong if it made it all the way to you!

Thunder Factory
10-03-2003, 02:45 PM
Hey UKF

If it don't come Tuesday ring me. I'll hop on the boat Wednesday and run over too let you see what your missing.:D

Italibikefreak
10-03-2003, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by Thunder Factory
Hey UKF

If it don't come Tuesday ring me. I'll hop on the boat Wednesday and run over too let you see what your missing.:D

:D

ukfactory
10-04-2003, 08:32 AM
It came in today!!! Now where is my helmet?

Thunder Factory
10-04-2003, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by ukfactory
It came in today!!! Now where is my helmet?

Hey G

Your helmet is going to look tacky with the new bike. :D

Are you up for some haggling at the NEC this year, or can you haggle alone with the dealer your getting it from?:p No better time to hit them for a free helmet just as your about to sign the cheque is best I always find:cool:

Thunder Factory
10-04-2003, 08:45 AM
This post just reminded me about a possible solution to all those rear view "all I can see is my elbows problems".

Check this out for a bit of lateral thinking click here (http://www.reevu.com/news.asp)

cman6453
10-06-2003, 12:22 PM
Not to get off topic but how does that work? Rear facing camera system?

Chris

stinky
10-06-2003, 12:26 PM
Says it has built-in mirrors.

Thunder Factory
10-06-2003, 12:35 PM
The helmet uses 3 unbreakable plastic mirros to project a view of what is directly behind you to a point just above the eye line so that a quick glance is enough to let you see what's there.

It's just like looking in the rear view mirror of a car apparently and they are due to be released over here early next year.

I've contacted the manufacturers for details and got this response:

"The final production date and cost price have not yet been fixed. This is one of the reasons why we launched the Helmet at Milan to ascertain the reaction from the distribution and motorsports enthusiasts Every one was astounded by the technology and the helmets. We are hopeful that production shall start in around One month to begin to deliver as samples to the trade with volume production early in 2004. The helmet will be available for markets and will come with all of the relevant standards"

stinky
10-06-2003, 01:03 PM
Sounds pretty sweet if it works.

Ricky J
10-06-2003, 01:08 PM
Will there be a model for women that allows them to put lipstick on while riding?

cman6453
10-06-2003, 05:19 PM
Ricky - C'mon now, that wasn't nice. That'll require a mirror on the visor! :D

Chris

X-CBR MAN
10-06-2003, 07:33 PM
My helmet is smellin a lil' ripe, it's time for new one:rolleyes:

stinky
10-06-2003, 08:43 PM
Looks like the little guy in your avatar has the same issue.

Thunder Factory
10-07-2003, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by X-CBR MAN
My helmet is smellin a lil' ripe, it's time for new one:rolleyes:

Nothing worse than a smelly helmet I say:D

Without wishing to put you off some retail therapy and the purchase of a new helmet, it is possible to rejuvinate your helmet with some baby shampoo and a gentle cleaning. Just let it dry out in a warm room for a few days!;)

stinky
10-07-2003, 01:09 AM
I say it's time to buy a helmet with removable liner material that you can take out and wash. Then the ol' brain bucket's nice & fresh.

...any excuse to buy more bike stuff. :cool: