PDA

View Full Version : CO again

pegasobaz
03-20-2007, 06:27 PM
Hi Panda, was wondering where you'd disappeared to,finally got round to checking CO% at work last week. Took the plug out behind the heatshield to measure but its such hot gas that its melting the rubber hose on the analiser!! How do you do them and what % did you settle on?

Panda
03-31-2007, 07:14 AM
Switch the bike on, go into the service menu and go into diagnosis, then co adjustment. Switch the bike off then on again. This will switch off the Secondary Air System and bring up the co adjustment screen (which says -128 at first - give it a minute to give the correct reading). Hook up your CO meter, start the bike, then get it hot enough to switch on the fan. When the fan cuts out you want to try and get 6.00 as best you can - mine flicks between 5.90 and 6.10.

I've not been on much lately - very busy at work now the season has started.

pegasobaz
03-31-2007, 01:50 PM
Thanks for the reply, when I checked it I think it was at about 6.5 percent but difficult to tell as the rubber tube on CO meter kept melting.This seems very rich though to me, i'm used to cars running at 1.0 to 1.5%.Its set at -9 on the scale of -128 to +128 at the minute which seems to be favoured on the XT forum, do you know how that compares with yours?

g-man
04-01-2007, 05:23 PM
Just for a reference. Mine is set at 15. Never changed it from the day i got it, so i'd thought they were all set at that from the factory. Noticed the inside of the pipes go a nice grey colour after a hard run. I'd always associated that to say the mixture is about right. Not had it on the gas analyser yet though.

I've done panda's air pipe mod, and it's had it's TPS recall. I've rever really had any issues with the fueling glitch or snatchiness people talk about. :)

pegasobaz
04-01-2007, 05:44 PM
I did the first service today, did oil + filter and also the cleaned the strainer in the downtube, set the valve clearances also which is a bit fiddly but its been worth it.They weren't slack but I've set them on the tight side of the spec.Whilst I had the spark plug out to find top dead centre I noticed the plug gap seemed small so opened it up to 1mm. Doing this and or the valve clearances has totally transformed the bike, the lurching and snatching has been almost totally removed. Haven't done the CO yet but I'll try it at 15 and see what its like. I took pics while doing the work and will post them when I've uploaded them

g-man
05-05-2007, 04:19 PM
Any luck with the Co Baz?? Have you tried it at 15 yet?

pegasobaz
05-07-2007, 04:22 PM
Yes I had another go after making up a steel tube with enough length to take the heat out so it didn't melt the analyser pipe, set at +5 in the end. i've just done both of the air box mods and i'm impressed so far, now trying to find a cheap K&N but not much luck so far, the DNA's don't look too bad so might go for one of those and then it's just down to some end cans, still like the look of the arrows.

g-man
05-07-2007, 04:36 PM
Funny you should say that. I really like the look of the Arrows too. :cheers: Ordering a set tomorrow. I found them for 367 on an italian site inc vat and delivery. Gonna see if i can get a uk company to match the price and order them. The look alot neater and smaller than the Leo Vinces. The DNA filter looks good and it's a bit cheaper than the K&N, so i'll be going for that too.

I was surprised at the air box mods. Usually those kind of things make no difference, but it really seems to work.

joe bar
05-07-2007, 05:16 PM
Funny you should say that. I really like the look of the Arrows too. :cheers: Ordering a set tomorrow. I found them for 367 on an italian site inc vat and delivery. Gonna see if i can get a uk company to match the price and order them. The look alot neater and smaller than the Leo Vinces. The DNA filter looks good and it's a bit cheaper than the K&N, so i'll be going for that too.

I was surprised at the air box mods. Usually those kind of things make no difference, but it really seems to work.

UK importers of Arrow are B & C Express in Lincoln, as they'll have the biggest margin, they're probably you're best shot a some discount.

http://www.bandcexpress.co.uk/

g-man
05-08-2007, 05:56 AM
I ordered them from BB Bike shop. B&C didn't really want to move on price, and they were the most expensive on the net at £417.

Link to site here (http://www.bbbikeshop.co.uk/acatalog/Browse___Best___Buy_SILENCER_SYSTEMS___EXHAUSTS_22 7.html)

Called the guy up and worked a good deal on the phone. Got a decent saving off the quoted site price and it was enough to stop me getting them from Italy. Dont want to post it on a public forum though:) . They will be here tomorrow. :cheers: :)