PDA

View Full Version : Out today :-)

TimmyMagic
02-25-2007, 06:31 PM
Cleaned my bike this afternoon and took it out to "dry it off", well that's what I tell her indoors anyway :)

Went on a 10 mile loop near my village on some fantatic tight twisty bumpy back roads. Just the right roads for the Strada. It was so much fun that when I came back past my road I just kept going and did it again :cheers:

g-man
02-26-2007, 06:05 PM
The warm dry summer nights are just around the corner. :burnout:

I had one of the best runs i've ever had on a bike the other day. Just went out and was playing about on the sweeping dual carrageway off ramps. Was trying to get the power on earlier and earlier, it just wigggles, bites, then launches out the turn. I'd never have tried anything like that on my sportsbike.

As you say, took it down a bumpy B road and went mad. It just doesn't seem to get phased by ripples, bumps and bad road surfaces. It's great to have a bike you can ride at 80-90% and get on the throttle early and hard, rather than pootling around feeling like every corner is gonna be a highside.

I've spoke to a few sportsbike guys who hate the Pirelli Diablos. I've only had 2 or 3 pretty small slides with them, mainly in the wet, but they feel brilliant to me.

Cant wait for the summer. :)

TimmyMagic
02-26-2007, 06:17 PM
Because I'm commuting 200 miles a week nearly I've put a Diablo Strada on the rear. Doesn't seem to have affected grip at all.

Like you said, a couple of very, very minor slips, but never really lost control for even a split second.

I've been hammering round bends on bumpy surfaces and the suspension just soaks it up. I'm going about 15% faster on the Peg than I used to on the Bandit.

Strada_Stu
02-27-2007, 03:53 AM
Cleaned my bike this afternoon and took it out to "dry it off", well that's what I tell her indoors anyway :)

Went on a 10 mile loop near my village on some fantatic tight twisty bumpy back roads. Just the right roads for the Strada. It was so much fun that when I came back past my road I just kept going and did it again :cheers:

Its good to see I'm not the only one that use's that excuse after washing it. "I'm just taking it for a spin to dry it off"
excellent