PDA

View Full Version : LeoVince S or LeoVince ZX ?

a5hl3y2k3
09-28-2003, 06:29 PM
hi could someone help me decide which of these two exhausts to get?

heres the tech info for them.

LeoVince ZX

Just like a race exhaust, it requires perfect tuning of the vehicle to perform at its best. This involves the replacement of the transmission springs and rollers, which are supplied by LeoVince with the system. This enables very high levels of performance to be achieved, the result of our meticulous design, which gives maximum gas flow, while restricting the noise level to the legal limit.
The system is composed of an expansion chamber and a can. The expansion chamber is made from 10/10 mm special steel and has an "open" lay-out with a double chamber, a cavity lined with soundproofing material, and a straight through exhaust silencer. The lay-out of the expansion chamber determines the length of the tail pipe to provide optimum gas flow and adequate sound absorption. This has led to the design of an exhaust with a special inner structure in stainless steel, and an outer coating of carbon and kevlar. It is mounted high and gives an extra touch of sporty "wickedness", which is already suggested by the clear varnish on the expansion chamber, which shows off the welding to perfection.

LeoVince S

Hand Made "S" systems have been added to the Scoot range of exhausts for 50-cc engines.
The new member of the family is aimed at the market for race-replica special exhausts.
The aggressive design features are inspired by the expansion chambers used on GP machines, characterized by the use of a silencer in line with the expansion body, rather than the "curved" assembly, typical of the RS and ZX ranges.
Hand Made "S" guarantees high performance levels, and has a distinctive sound, which is at the same time legal for street use. The system is therefore EEC-approved.
The LeoVince engineers have kept the system as compact as possible, bearing in mind the lack of space on the latest compact scooters.
The result is a two-part system, comprising a steel expansion chamber, coated with transparent varnish, and a can with a matt black finish, giving it high-impact looks.
The straight-through expansion chamber has an all-steel interior.
This range specifically designed for the latest sporty scooter models will be on sale as from January 2002.

Webpage with pics here:

LeoVince ZX (http://www.leovince.com/scoot/engl/zx.html)

LeoVince S (http://www.leovince.com/scoot/engl/s.html)

thanks for reading please reply.

748rsvr999r
09-28-2003, 08:19 PM
I have had both I think the ZX makes more power (butt dyno), but the S looks cool as hell. Contrary to what Leo Vince states they did not include new rollers for the variator with the exhaust. In my derestricted 50 cc Ditech, and later with the Malossi Big Bore kit, the ZX sounds better (louder) and I think gave a little better upper end. S was much quieter. Currently using stock variator, white contra spring, and 6 gm weights.
They talk about their 10/10 special steel and varnish, but both will rust espicially starting near the point where it mates to cylinder head. I had the ZX recently Jet Hot Coated, which gives the expansion chamber an almost chrome look, but the finish is gyaranteed 3 years. I don't know if it is available in UK, however if it is it's worth it in my opinion, cost was about $65.00 US for the coating.
Hope this helps a little.

THIS SCOOTS A HOOT!
Fran

PAUL
09-29-2003, 03:12 PM
To make sure that your exhausts does not rust, you can rub it in with oil, and then go driving for a bit. The heat will cause the oil to fix on the exhaust which makes a protective layer against rust. I have done this and so have my friends. some of them still don't have rust after 3 years... try that...

tankgunner
06-03-2005, 03:27 PM
To make sure that your exhausts does not rust, you can rub it in with oil, and then go driving for a bit. The heat will cause the oil to fix on the exhaust which makes a protective layer against rust. I have done this and so have my friends. some of them still don't have rust after 3 years... try that...

i will try this seeing my last exaust is rusted all to hell. thanks for the tip.