PDA

View Full Version : California Emmissions Garbage

Sgt Jiggy
02-03-2007, 02:29 PM
I have an 07 RSV 1000 R - it has all of the CA emmissions garbage on board. I plan on removing it if it will improve performance. Any tips? Will it need to be remapped?

duc slayer
02-03-2007, 02:34 PM
post this up in the rsvr/rsvr factory section (just a little farther down the 1st page) and they'll get you sorted in no time. :cheers: oh yeah and welcome

Sgt Jiggy
02-03-2007, 02:49 PM
Thanks! It'll take me a bit to get use to this forum site, I left the Hayabusa owners group site about six months ago and it operates just a tad different. Made the grand mistake of trading my busa for a V-Rod thinking my kids would want to ride more. Then I woke up - bought them a Suzuki DRZ125 - locked the gates to the backyard and kicked them loose. Bought the 07 RSV on December 22nd and have only been able to put 100 miles on it. It's been a bit chilly here here in the flatlands of Nebraska - a whopping 15 degrees now. All DUC's must die!

Ed / AF1 Racing
02-03-2007, 03:02 PM
no performance gains, no re-mapping

all the system does is takes fuel vapors from the tank and instead of letting them go into the air, it recirculates it back to be be burned instead of openly vented.

easy to remove.....remove cannister, follow hoses and remove them completely, plug the one open nipple on the right side of throttle body, and then add a hose from the second nipple on the bottom of the tank to the ground. You can use the hose you removed from the cannister in the trunk, and route it just like the other gas tank nipple, down to near the front sprocket