PDA

View Full Version : Pillion

ArcherWC
01-31-2007, 11:16 PM
I need to make my RSVR (2004) more comfortable for my passenger.
So far I have had the seat repadded for her delicate posterea, but I really need to lower the pillion pegs.

Has anyone else done this? If so how?

dsgfh
01-31-2007, 11:26 PM
Just go back to the original, poorly tuned map the bike came out of the factory with. The extra vibrations will make her forget all about where her feet are ;)

RZRob
02-01-2007, 12:29 AM
Get her her own bike. I spent all the money on the seat & pegs and she hates the bike for a variety of reasons. I don't like riding double either, so it's a win-win.

RZ Rob

Frostea
02-01-2007, 09:52 AM
it must get hot back there.
And the ladies might not say anything at the time but they do like that vibration :banana:

thrillaprilla
02-01-2007, 09:39 PM
Get her her own bike. I spent all the money on the seat & pegs and she hates the bike for a variety of reasons. I don't like riding double either, so it's a win-win.

RZ Rob

I put pegs on for my wife last May, for the AF1 ride in. She still hasn't sat on the bike... however, she did get her cycle endorsment and a scooter, and will be picking up a Hawk GT this summer.

Zeeowh
02-01-2007, 11:52 PM
Mate, Seriously... lowering the pegs would be a nightmare as where would you put them with the exhausts in the way anyway?? My girlfirend is a short little asian girl and she still has to have here legs up around her ears so there ain't much room.
Maybe its time for a different bike?? either that or tell her to get her own.

scott2ride
02-02-2007, 08:21 AM
Im surprised you would be satisfied with just 2 up... Wouldn't 3 up suit you better !!! :D

ArcherWC
02-04-2007, 02:17 AM
Im surprised you would be satisfied with just 2 up... Wouldn't 3 up suit you better !!! :D

mmmmmmm girl on front..... girl on back.....me sandwitched in the middle......definatly has potential.

Anyway, I thought about changing bikes, but just couldnt bring myself to do it. I will be dropping it off to an engineering firm to manufacture lower pegs and heat guards. I will post pick on completion

scott2ride
02-04-2007, 03:53 AM
My mate Warren could make a nice professional set for you and would cost half the price. he is the guy who did the cored pipes for you . he workd in steel and alloy etc and does a nice job. TXT me if you want his number again.

Zeeowh
02-04-2007, 04:47 PM
This I gotta see... The RSVR with lowered pegs... post some pics and a story when your done Archer as i'm sure this will intrigue a few people... Good ol NZ ingenuity (or is that craziness as i'm sure they go hand in hand :happy: )
Maybe you should get some side panniers welded to the side also... now that would look funny.

Actually after riding one I've often thought about what a Tuono would be like with soft panniers, some knobbies etc... now there is an adventure bike rather than the Caponoard or however you spell the bloody thing.

How about that game of cricket last night eh? I thought the black caps had us, i really did... was a good game though i thought! :cheers: Now i hope the black caps beat the whiners.. i mean the poms in the next one!

Chris