PDA

View Full Version : passenger footpegs? WTF?

Rossifumi
09-26-2003, 09:15 PM
Will the new RSV factory accomidate a passenger?

All the photos I have seen indicate this to be true, but upon seeing one in the flesh, there were no rear footpegs on it.

Now I am confused.

COS Mille
09-26-2003, 09:55 PM
RSV & R has the rear frame, I was told the race rep. doesn't. Saw the bike at Rocky Mountain Cycle Plaza, WOW.

stinky
09-26-2003, 09:57 PM
I believe it depends on where you are. The US spec Factory comes without a rear seat or pegs, and there is a sticker behind the rider's seat that says it isn't designed to carry a passenger, blah blah, serious injury or death.

I've been told the subframe is the same as the R, however, and that all you need is the seat and pegs to convert. Take that as you wish, blah blah, serious injury or death.

Thunder Factory
09-27-2003, 12:38 AM
Morning all.

Thought I'd pop into the 04 section as I'm now an official owner of one of the sodding things, a UK spec Factory in Silver complete with footpegs and pad! :p

This question came up in one of the posts about the bike in the original Mille forum and as stiky says it does in fact appear you guys in the US are not getting the rear passenger bits.

I would be totally suprised to find that a US "spec" Factory has a different rear subframe so as Stinky says it would simply be a case of bolting on the relevant bits.

Only thing that occurs to me is in this world of leagality and claims what this could lead to should anything happen to a passenger on the bike. Looking at the manual it clearly states that the bike is not homolgamated for carrying a passenger in the US. Mayby I'm talking rubbish but I thought I'd mention it while I was here.:D

Personally I havce always believed that this situation is nothing more than Aprilia US being of the opinion the ability to carry a passenger does not give the right marketing message for the Factory, but heh, what do I know I'm such a sad git I spend Saturday mornings from 5 o'clock on the computer. :D

ukfactory
09-27-2003, 02:47 AM
When mine comes in, I will probably be looking to get rid of my footpegs and seat in return for the pipe hangers and some $ (not much).

stinky
09-27-2003, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by ukfactory
When mine comes in, I will probably be looking to get rid of my footpegs and seat in return for the pipe hangers and some $ (not much).

I'll be interested, because I'm sure Aprilia will by mighty proud of their spare seats and pegs. :)

ukfactory
09-28-2003, 01:54 AM
Originally posted by stinky
I'll be interested, because I'm sure Aprilia will by mighty proud of their spare seats and pegs. :)

Stinky, I would imagine Aprilia has a stack of them waiting in the wings with rather large price tags being hung on them right now.

ukfactory
09-28-2003, 02:02 AM
Has anyone in the states asked Aprilia U.S. about this whole subframe why is it different whadya mean unable to carry a pillion thing? Seems to me that this is something Aprilia have REALLY screwed up for all of you over there and they should be told about it.

mille-ryan
09-28-2003, 07:15 AM
I was told that it was being debated in Aprilia wether or not to Equip the Factory's with pax pegs right up till they shipped. Dont really member why we got screwed but we did.Oh well, not like they are gonna give them to us , no matter how much we cry about it.

Scotteq
09-28-2003, 10:20 AM
Only thing that occurs to me is in this world of leagality and claims what this could lead to should anything happen to a passenger on the bike. Looking at the manual it clearly states that the bike is not homolgamated for carrying a passenger in the US. Mayby I'm talking rubbish but I thought I'd mention it while I was here.

Probably because we're a nation of fatasses, and Aprilia didn't want to use a steel I-beam girder as a subframe... :D :rolleyes: :D :rolleyes:

Scott ;)

stinky
09-28-2003, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by Scotteq
Probably because we're a nation of fatasses, and Aprilia didn't want to use a steel I-beam girder as a subframe... :D :rolleyes: :D :rolleyes:

Scott ;)

Well, the least they could do is tell us it's because we're a bunch of fatasses so we can put this debate to rest and go back to eating some deep-fried something.

Scotteq
09-29-2003, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by stinky
Well, the least they could do is tell us it's because we're a bunch of fatasses so we can put this debate to rest and go back to eating some deep-fried something.

Yes - Back to my deep fried Mars bars, fried cheese, and fried Ice Cream.

Mmmmmm, friend stuff with cheese...... [drool...]

Scott ;)

rsvrick
09-29-2003, 11:19 AM
No passenger footpegs and rear seat in the US??!! Forget it, I don't want it anymore!!!:eek: :eek: ...yeah, right:D :D

bob of fl
09-29-2003, 01:39 PM
Poor fat muricans.

It's a plot to deprive us of the seat and pegs so AUSA can get rich off the 100 odd seats and pegs they sell at 100% markup. Please!

More likely the US bikes came this way before ('03 and back) and no one in Italy asked AUSA if they wanted it changed.