01-29-2007, 10:14 AM
saw this on the wera forum, some good feedback on it and it looks good

http://forums.13x.com/showthread.php?t=124859

farva03R
01-29-2007, 11:17 AM
looks like some good stuff. i'll be buying a set. thanks for the link!!:cheers:

derrickhackman
01-29-2007, 12:21 PM
yeah, i recall seeing this stuff. from every direction it looks good.

fallzboater
01-29-2007, 06:33 PM
I'd love to try it, but doesn't $40 seem too expensive for this type of product? How much could a roll or square sheet of this cost from whoever the supplier is? The packaging and pre-cut sets for specific bikes are nice, I'm sure, but I would think at least the universal kits could be quite a bit cheaper.

I'm all for a guy making some money, but it seems like the bulk material would probably cost less than $5 for a bike. Am I way off base, here?

Beau1K
01-29-2007, 06:37 PM
I wonder if that's the same stuff that is used here:

http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/ipod/review/handstands-igrip-sticky-pad-ipod

http://www.ilounge.com/assets/images/reviews_handstand/igrip/01.jpg

http://www.ilounge.com/assets/images/reviews_handstand/igrip/02.jpg

ckruzel
01-29-2007, 06:56 PM
its hard to say, not sure what his startup costs are, overhead all that. most people won't just pull a price out of thin air, i'm sure there is a certain level of profit in it, but it has to cost something to make

derrickhackman
01-29-2007, 07:01 PM
I am just going to try squeezing the tank harder ... if I am too much of a girly man I will get some of this stuff.

ckruzel
01-29-2007, 07:07 PM
your going to need some with that new master cylinder

hank
01-29-2007, 07:14 PM
I use the stuff they make for kayaks - works great

fallzboater
01-29-2007, 07:25 PM
I use the stuff they make for kayaks - works great

Are you talking about the rubbery Padz stuff used on seat bottoms? I think they also use it on windsurfer decks for foot grip. They may still be based here in Hood River; I'll have to see if I can get some scraps to try.

hank
01-29-2007, 07:32 PM
Are you talking about the rubbery Padz stuff used on seat bottoms? I think they also use it on windsurfer decks for foot grip. They may still be based here in Hood River; I'll have to see if I can get some scraps to try.

Yup - the Padz stuff works great - several varieties for kayaks/windsurfers/etc. with different kinds of finish having various levels of grip. I actually called them last year asking questions about their products and told them I wanted it for motorcycles and that it was a huge untapped market.... the person I spoke to didn't seem very interested and sent me to the REI website...:WTF:

Perhaps you will have better luck by simply showing up on site and talking to someone with more sense than the person I spoke to on the phone... best of luck & let us know how it ends up! :cheers:

drew2007
01-29-2007, 11:08 PM
I have seen a 3m product similar to this that is used to protect floors. Cant seem to find it on there website though. Wayne Gardner sells the stomp grip and swears by it.

ckruzel
01-30-2007, 01:49 AM
i know the stomp works really good, i was looking at this for street use, i squeeze the tank alot and i think it looks a little better on the street bikes, on a track bike i wouldn't care too much about the looks, well maybe a little but you know

duc slayer
01-30-2007, 12:20 PM
so I see where your spending all your time now :D

ckruzel
01-30-2007, 06:39 PM
wera board is a good place to be, and they don't have all the bullshit of the rowdy biker bar going on either

hank
01-31-2007, 11:10 AM
wera board is a good place to be, and they don't have all the bullshit of the rowdy biker bar going on either

Actually, they have an area similar to the RBB called the Dungeon and an even more obscure area called The Hole... I agree that WERA is fairly BS free relative to recent activity here... :tired: I tend to avoid the RBB threads that have more than 5 or 6 posts - usually when the usual dick$shits start infecting things... :bangwall:

scott2ride
02-02-2007, 08:26 AM
That link does not seem to be working. Could you post another? Cheers

ckruzel
02-02-2007, 10:28 AM
Scott, the wera board is down for a windows vista upgrade (oh boy, hope it works)

derrickhackman
02-02-2007, 10:41 AM
:bangwall: :bangwall: :bangwall: WINDOZ :bangwall: :bangwall: :bangwall: