PDA

View Full Version : Top speed on a rsv 1000 r in the street????????????

FERKOV
01-29-2007, 03:19 AM
I see mine speedometer at 177 m/h in the dashboard !
its a bullet ? its a plane? its superman?
no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Its an a Aprilia rsv 1000 r the real deal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
sorry for the rest!
its 3:15 am now. Im drunk now with a chick, sorry.
But im going to tell the truee; man nice bike the aprilia.
guys just make a comentary about the rsv!.
nice..................!!!!!!!!!:plus: :plus: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

mnm222876
01-29-2007, 03:58 AM
You took your bike to 177 on public roads?

It's people like this that makes the public hate bikers and why we lose our rights with the law and the courts. It's people like this that cause insurance companies to stop insuring bikes and causing our rates to rise with companies that do cover us. Thanks for being an A-hole and ruining it for the rest of us.

If you want to ride like that please take it to the track!

Sal Khan
01-29-2007, 08:27 AM

It's people like this that makes the public hate bikers and why we lose our rights with the law and the courts. It's people like this that cause insurance companies to stop insuring bikes and causing our rates to rise with companies that do cover us. Thanks for being an A-hole and ruining it for the rest of us.

Yeah time to get SR50's for everyone. :rolleyes:

spoonz
01-29-2007, 08:42 AM

That's a rash statement to make when you don't know the circumstances.
It could have been on a dead straight mountain road with nothing in sight for miles. In that case I wouldn't have a problem with it, only person he can kill is himself and that's up to him.

If it's down the Florida turnpike or similar at rush hour then you are 100% correct.

ckruzel
01-29-2007, 08:45 AM
fastest i ever went is 156, oddly enough thats my old racing number

derrickhackman
01-29-2007, 08:47 AM
146mph before having to shut it down... this was on a road that was way in the back woods with more a threat hitting an errant wild turkey than some tourist leaf looker.

you can rip it on the street, just be mindful of the cars around you... no problem.

ChicagoFactory
01-29-2007, 09:38 AM
Indicated 157 for me before I had to shut it down.

Uli
01-29-2007, 09:56 AM
Posted already:

http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/225/tachosi1.jpg

Legal speed on a German high way.

Ciao
Uli

mobee
01-29-2007, 10:08 AM
Posted already:

http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/225/tachosi1.jpg

Legal speed on a German high way.

Ciao
Uli

WTF..... how long does it take to get that?

Uli
01-29-2007, 10:22 AM
You need 4 to 5 km some minutes..

But It's no fun to drive this speed - was just to know how fast a Mille is :worship: - very fast :rolleyes:

Ciao
Uli

jmarnell
01-29-2007, 11:53 AM
sorry for the rest!

Remember, he said he was drunk and with a chick when he wrote the post. He probably had his odometer still set for km's when he was riding! That would put him at about 110 mph :happy:

I have no problem with riding fast on the street but I agree, it should be with extreme caution. I have more issues with stunt riding eg: wheelies, stopies and all the other crap that goes on. That is more dangerous too me than high speeds.

ukfactory
01-29-2007, 12:02 PM
Remember, he said he was drunk and with a chick when he wrote the post. He probably had his odometer still set for km's when he was riding! That would put him at about 110 mph :happy:

Nope...I'm with Uli. I had the Factory up to 186mph indicated here in Germany down Autobahn 5 near Karlsruhe (3 lanes, hardly any traffic...except the Polizei I passed). It was fun once or twice, but it is more fun for me to go fast through a curve (as long as I don't highside) than to hang on to a fast bike going straight.

Fanatic1074
01-29-2007, 12:30 PM
183 MPH on a local interstate. I think it still had some more in it i shut it down needed to make my off ramp.

Roadless
01-29-2007, 12:34 PM
Got 178 mph on a mountain road, way more fun for the fact that behind me were a gsxr750, an R-1 and a CBR954RR, and stayed behind.
Must agree with Uli, the sheer force from air resistance gets really heavy after a few minutes.
Made Uli´s speed of 298 on a country road, it being full of "dips" that we were flying part of the way, average speed was above 250, but max speed showed 298, when the rear was freewheeling while airborne.

Also agree with someone rather shocked, that it does bring the heat down on us, and the insurances up, but hey, some of us dont even have a track where we live.
So go get a nose-umbrella next time it rains, RSV-R and speeding is what we all like, some of us have tracks, others dont...

locknload
01-29-2007, 12:43 PM

:WTF: :WTF: :WTF: :WTF: :WTF: :WTF: :WTF: :WTF: :WTF: :WTF:

Oh Yeah dont ever let the front wheel loose contact with the pavement cause thats just hmmmmm downright dangerous.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

No Quarter
01-29-2007, 12:51 PM
I got 174 indicated on hwy 101 near the california coast.

spoonz
01-29-2007, 01:06 PM
148 for me on a very straight road in Spain. The speed was still rising but the rucksack on my back was acting like a parachute and trying to pull me off the back. I don't think it would have gone much over 155 -160 on my 15/42 gearing though.

CBar
01-29-2007, 01:55 PM
sorry for the rest!

3:15, drunk with chick? Why is he on this site when he should be on her site!

FERKOV
01-29-2007, 02:24 PM
Hehehehe , I just take a little brake...... !:WTF: :cheers: :cheers:

FERKOV
01-29-2007, 02:35 PM
Here's some pics from last week, that i want to share with you guys.

ncj01
01-29-2007, 03:01 PM
What I don't understand about the high speed thing is how ya'll can take your eyes away from the road long enough to see the speedo at those speeds...

I've only been 130 indicated on mine, and i didn't like looking down long enough to read the speed...

It would appear from that night-time photo of the bike above, that there's the capability of the speedo to "recal" high speed??? Tips on how to do that?

Cryogenic
01-29-2007, 03:12 PM
Ferkov....sell the bike....and stay sober....think if I had a "chick" looking like that I'd forget about riding anything else.....and I'd wanna be sober just so I would remember it the next day!!

I gotta get out more !:rolleyes:

dragonfire
01-29-2007, 03:54 PM
150+ indicated on Hwy 1 in Santa Cruz, CA. A friend and I got a little throttle happy since the traffic was minimal. Did I mention she is a hot chick on a 600RR? Sorry guys, she's married. Someday I'd like to experience 200mph on a bike...on a closed course. Anyone ever have the honor or balls?

Speed safely.

dragonfire
01-29-2007, 03:56 PM
FERKOV, looking a little pie eyed in those pics. Or am I just seeing things??? You must be intoxicated by lust right? I hope you didnt reach that speed after tipping back a few.

ChicagoFactory
01-29-2007, 03:57 PM
What I don't understand about the high speed thing is how ya'll can take your eyes away from the road long enough to see the speedo at those speeds...

I've only been 130 indicated on mine, and i didn't like looking down long enough to read the speed...

It would appear from that night-time photo of the bike above, that there's the capability of the speedo to "recal" high speed??? Tips on how to do that?

I don't. The dash has a VMAX feature on it that records the fastest top speed that the bike has traveled, until it is reset. When I stop, I just hit a few buttons on the dash and it shows me. I know what the VMAX was before, so if it's higher, then that's the new top speed.

Befbever
01-29-2007, 04:01 PM
From 140 to 178 mph in 1/2 mile. On cwalker's Armageddon bike.

VR-8
01-29-2007, 04:04 PM
I still can't understand after all those vidoes on different sites with accidents that there are still people riding bikes in jeans.........must be complete idiots.....:(

/J

derrickhackman
01-29-2007, 04:31 PM
yeah and i see no gloves or a brain bucket .... FL does not require a helmet :eek:

Poussin
01-29-2007, 04:52 PM
You have to believe him : his speedo is accurate.

The guys with the ford crown victoria can guarantee it

cwalker
01-29-2007, 05:51 PM
From 140 to 178 mph in 1/2 mile. On cwalker's Armageddon bike.

why didn't you open the throttle completely then??? :confused: :confused: :rolleyes: :kidding:

as for me, 299 km/h on the dash... on 'a couple' of occasions... mind you armageddon was lightly tuned... mayhem1 will be waaayyyy faster than that...:burnout:

duc slayer
01-29-2007, 06:05 PM
he must not have had the gear indicator operational :D

cwalker
01-29-2007, 06:21 PM
he must not have had the gear indicator operational :D
it was.... he just didn't notice because of the relocated brake fluid reservoirs...:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Roadless
01-30-2007, 03:33 AM
max speed on gravel , 146 mph, naturally to be improved when finding a suitably straight stretch.....

Befbever
01-30-2007, 04:36 AM
why didn't you open the throttle completely then???
Coz I was still sitting up straight! :bangwall:

WNT350
01-30-2007, 02:27 PM
164 mph is all I had space and/or balls for on a puplic road.

Roadless
01-30-2007, 03:18 PM
I recommend straighter roads......longer straights.......errrr, just gimme unfrosen tarmac !

RSV4ME
01-30-2007, 05:19 PM
Pretty girl, but I bet she gives a nasty bite.....

CryForTheDevil
02-01-2007, 06:33 PM
Don't take this the wrong way, this isn't a personal attack on you or anything like that. We don't know the circumstances under which he was riding at that speed, but it was his decision to do so. You don't need to call someone an a**hole for it. And don't blame high insurance rates on on riders who excessively speed, there are far more factors involved in insurance than that. And as far the public hating bikers, that's a stereotype we live with and if you can't live with it then you better sell your bike and stick to driving cars. If you've forgotten, you're on a sportbike not a scooter.

I was originally on the CBRForum and I left due to individuals such as yourself. Someone posted a message asking how fast a CBR600 can go, and I said I've personally taken one 258km/h up the Coquihalla Highway here in British Columbia. Many people cried bloody murder saying the same thing you're saying. Keep it on the track, you're giving the rest of us a bad image, etc.

If you want to say what he did was immature, it probably was. But it was fun for him and he got home in one piece. Last year I buried four riders who ride safely, never do any stunts and never speed execessively. Keeping it on the track will not guarantee your safety. I should know, I've been racing for two years now and last year someone wiped out at the track here in Mission Speedway and now he'll never be able to ride again.

Let people be who they want to be and let people do what they want to do.

CryForTheDevil
02-01-2007, 06:35 PM
No kidding, eh? Drunk or not, I'd sooner be with a woman than be on the damn Internet looking for women! :)

CryForTheDevil
02-01-2007, 06:37 PM
Sweet, looks just like my garage! My '07 CBR1000RR has the same paint scheme.

CryForTheDevil
02-01-2007, 06:38 PM
Just 'cause she's married doesn't mean you can't post pics!

150+ indicated on Hwy 1 in Santa Cruz, CA. A friend and I got a little throttle happy since the traffic was minimal. Did I mention she is a hot chick on a 600RR? Sorry guys, she's married. Someday I'd like to experience 200mph on a bike...on a closed course. Anyone ever have the honor or balls?

Speed safely.

Micah / AF1 Racing
02-04-2007, 05:39 PM
For those of you who live reasonably close to Texas.

www.texasmile.com

March 24, 25 2007

Sound like fun. I am going to see what she can do in a mile!

Sgt Jiggy
02-09-2007, 05:51 AM
That's definitely haulin ass - I wouldn't suggest doing that in Oklahoma. State Troopers there recently acquired and equiped a couple of Suzuki Hayabusa's :worship: and sent thier riders to the California Superbike School. I don't have the link but if you search Oklahoma Highway Patrol you should be able to locate and read the info on these bikes.

mobee
02-12-2007, 09:56 AM
wonder what the rear shock setting is? :whiner:

Roadless
02-12-2007, 12:19 PM
Well now, if you cant give those busas a slip in the twisties, then its time for serious suspension setup.....

Gerrit
02-12-2007, 04:32 PM
258 km/h RSV 2001 (real km/h not the exagerated km/h of the 2004 and later bikes.. :rolleyes: )

A4 Germany highway to Aachen, locally no speedlimit. September 2006.

It only takes about 2 kilometers to get to that speed. Start in low gear (like 4th) and keep going until about 10000 rpm before you shift up (do not use the clutch but just get a little off the throttle and shift up). Most start in 6th so if you start in 4th you will fly away from the rest. :worship:

I was in front of a Mille 1999 and well the Tuono guys ... left behind... too much wind they said. :bump:

Crazy Horse
02-12-2007, 06:02 PM
Sorry to see that you guys all got lemons. Mine goes a Hundred Million Billion Gazillion MPH.:burnout:

Jack_RSV
02-14-2007, 11:08 AM
We've a similar problem here in Italy: older 'n expert bikers are a'holes (me either that I've been riding for 7 years and still riding now) like everyone w/ 2 wheels....:mad: that's why younger ones are like a'holes and they don't respect street rules. :whiner:

Nevermind, congrats 4 ur speed
:cheers:

Geo_Jay
02-14-2007, 11:18 AM
There are places in the Miami area you can do top speed runs in a reasonably safe manner.