PDA

View Full Version : Pannier rails/fittings - help please !

CeeBeeA
01-26-2007, 10:52 AM
Bought some Aprilia panniers from e-bay in preparation for a trip to Ireland when it finally warms up a bit. Got all the fittings (I think) including two rails that fit around the exhausts/side panels and two other rails (???).

Has anyone got the fitting instructions they could post on the forum ? Do the exhausts and panels need to come off to fit the rails ? It looks like they do after my first 'lining up' exercise !! I don't want to dismantle bits I don't need to if possible, as I have a nasty habit of knackering screwheads and rounding off the heads of bolts !!! Why, no matter how carefully you try, is it always the last screw/nut/bolt that won't come off cleanly ?? God's way of telling me to let the dealer do it, that's what !

If anyone can help that would be great.

Cheers
CeeBeeA

pegasobaz
01-26-2007, 05:16 PM
Hi Ceebeea, I think I might have the fitting instructions at home as they came with my rear rack and were very universal. I'm away for the weekend so I can't post them until monday night if thats ok? I fitted Givi brackets and didn't need to disturb anything

CeeBeeA
01-28-2007, 05:53 AM
Cheers Peg, that would be great :cheers:

shunter
01-31-2007, 04:52 PM
Bought some Aprilia panniers from e-bay in preparation for a trip to Ireland when it finally warms up a bit. Got all the fittings (I think) including two rails that fit around the exhausts/side panels and two other rails (???).

Has anyone got the fitting instructions they could post on the forum ? Do the exhausts and panels need to come off to fit the rails ? It looks like they do after my first 'lining up' exercise !! I don't want to dismantle bits I don't need to if possible, as I have a nasty habit of knackering screwheads and rounding off the heads of bolts !!! Why, no matter how carefully you try, is it always the last screw/nut/bolt that won't come off cleanly ?? God's way of telling me to let the dealer do it, that's what !

If anyone can help that would be great.

Cheers
CeeBeeA

Just fitted the panniers and luggage rack. Ended up with a bolt that didn't go in too nicely but no matter how I tried it always went in the same way. The pannier rails can be fitted without removing anything . The curvy bit goes around the exhaust at the foot rest end and with a neat bit of twisting should position itself behind the exhaust at the frame screw hole. :confused:

I panicked at the end when I discovered two extra 'unfitted' spacers but then realised they are not needed when the rails belonging to the luggage rack are in place.

The instructions Pegasobaz is sending should be more clear:)

CeeBeeA
02-02-2007, 06:47 AM
Thanks a lot guys. Got instructions from PegasoBaz and they are perfect. Cheers for the advice. Now off to butcher some screwheads and ...........!!