PDA

View Full Version : 2007 rsv-r

aprilia165
01-22-2007, 01:44 AM
Hi i just bought a 2007 rsv-r and was wondering if there where any little tricks that i could do to get more power minus all the typical stuff like exhaust and filter thank you very much and if anyone had any websites for parts thanx

Beau1K
01-22-2007, 02:43 AM
1) Your on the website for parts.

2) Go here: http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/search.php for info on your bike...and also spend a few days reading through the posts on here that are specific to your bike.

3) Then read this...and call your dealer and make sure you have the proper mapping. http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1223190&postcount=1

4) Take it easy for the first tank of gas and then :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

Zeeowh
01-24-2007, 11:16 PM
Change the sprockets... go one tooth down on the front and 2 up on the rear!!

uberchicken
01-24-2007, 11:31 PM
http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78438&page=8&highlight=flywheel

my favorite.

start on the first page, page 7 starts my report

aprilia165
01-24-2007, 11:52 PM
thanks for the help i will have to take time to read through all of it

ChicagoFactory
01-25-2007, 09:41 AM

:plus: 15/42 gearing transforms the bike from the stock 16/40. Acceleration in fierce!! Best mod I have done :banana:

Jack_RSV
01-25-2007, 11:14 AM
16/42 and you'll be in the middle...

:cheers:

amauri
01-25-2007, 11:52 AM
Since you've already spent a small fortune on the bike, go with the cheapest option for now until you learn and adapt to the new bike.

Going bigger on the rear with a 42T and stock chain will position the wheel all the way forward in the adj. slot and will make the bike unstable at high speed corners, IMO.

Also, the smallest the rear sprocket you can get away with will reduce the torque reaction on the swingarm under heavy acceleration.

We're using 15/39 at the track.

Just get a 15T on the front and ride for a while.

aprilia165
01-25-2007, 11:58 PM
thanx for the advice i did a sprocket kit on my 2003 and i'm not sure how i feel about it i like the faster acceleration but i loose top end so i'm not sure i guess i should just start spending more money and do big upgrades.

Zeeowh
01-26-2007, 02:27 AM
amauri
Since you've already spent a small fortune on the bike, go with the cheapest option for now until you learn and adapt to the new bike.

Going bigger on the rear with a 42T and stock chain will position the wheel all the way forward in the adj. slot and will make the bike unstable at high speed corners, IMO.

Also, the smallest the rear sprocket you can get away with will reduce the torque reaction on the swingarm under heavy acceleration.

We're using 15/39 at the track.

Just get a 15T on the front and ride for a while.

Sorry guess i shoulda mentioned go one down on the front on the stock chain until it wears out...

mooni
01-27-2007, 07:38 PM
sorry to hijack the thread but does anyone know of a company that makes the the 07 body work becides aprilia

ckruzel
01-27-2007, 08:16 PM
just start looking at peoples signatures that have mods listed, most of them are common among the members

mooni
01-28-2007, 11:44 AM
ive been looking and even trying to google some companies but they only make up to 06. which is exactly like our bikes

mobee
01-29-2007, 09:06 AM

hey zeeowh, what does it do on this change?

Zeeowh
01-29-2007, 05:45 PM
hey zeeowh, what does it do on this change?

It lowers the power in the rev range so it seems like much more power from lower down. Generally bike bike feels like it pulls much harder through the entire rev... oh and it makes it easier to wheelie.. :happy:

Hey mobee, where abouts in HK do you ride? Are there a lot of nice roads? I have visited before but i thought the traffic congestion would seriously hamper having fun on a sports bike. I am thinking of moving there in a year or two and was concerned about how much i would miss riding.

cwalker
01-29-2007, 05:56 PM
.....and if anyone had any websites for parts thanx

i happen to know one!!! go to the top of the page as you're reading this.. it says 'shop online' somewhere roughly in the LHS top corner....click..... and heeeyyyyy presto...... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

THMhome
01-30-2007, 04:09 AM
Pssst, Cwalker.... check your PM, In send you one this weekend.

mobee
02-02-2007, 11:05 AM
It lowers the power in the rev range so it seems like much more power from lower down. Generally bike bike feels like it pulls much harder through the entire rev... oh and it makes it easier to wheelie.. :happy:

Hey mobee, where abouts in HK do you ride? Are there a lot of nice roads? I have visited before but i thought the traffic congestion would seriously hamper having fun on a sports bike. I am thinking of moving there in a year or two and was concerned about how much i would miss riding.

hi zee, in the city area no way to ride big bike specially V2 over heat all the time, but if go to country side there is plenty of nice twist roads......
i am not ride it everyday as i was in vic. now only once or twice a week for more details - www.hksuperbike.com

cwalker
02-02-2007, 01:17 PM
Pssst, Cwalker.... check your PM, In send you one this weekend.

pssssst... you got one back... all ok now mate?
:cheers: