PDA

View Full Version : Cores for Exhaust

Bogdan
01-19-2007, 04:27 PM
Hi everyone! I'm thinking about coring my stock exhaust. I've been able to get some sheets of stainless steel but I can't find anybody who can roll it to a 65mm diameter... My first question, is there a way I can do it? I've tried local bike shops and metal stores but I couldn't find any cores... Second question, anybody know of another type of place I can look or maybe even online? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Bogdan :bangwall::bangwall: :bangwall:

Waxerdog
01-19-2007, 05:58 PM
Haven't seen him in a while but Mossback up there in the NorthWest makes the kits. Maybe he would even turn you on to where he gets the parts. :)

Micah / AF1 Racing
01-19-2007, 06:38 PM
What you need is a sheet metal roller, this is basically three cylinders arranged in a triangle into which you feed the sheet, depending on the diamter of the rollers and the spacing, you get a certain diameter of rolled sheet...or cone if you feed in at an angle...look on CraigsList...I see stuff like that on there occasionally.

bambeno
01-19-2007, 06:41 PM
hi, i found this if its any help

http://www.clubalpine.com/mambo/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=37&Itemid=32

CETME
01-19-2007, 06:55 PM
Areapnolimits.com

I got my 2.5" cores from them and it worked out great.... I think I paid like $30 for two cores shipped across the country from Cali to FL

Gorf
01-19-2007, 07:00 PM
Here is our local member Mossback's core kit:

http://www.fathairychicks.com/cores2a.html

Yeah no kidding on the link.

Bogdan
01-19-2007, 08:14 PM
Thanks to all who replied! :cheers: I sent an email over to Areapnolimits.com, if I can get the cores from them it'll be great! If not, I talked it over with my friend and we're gonna try to roll the sheets ourselves. I was going to bet the kit from mossback but I'm short on cash and have some extra time so might as well try...

Any body have any other helpful advise???

Bogdan
01-22-2007, 12:56 PM
THANKS CETME!!! I spoke with areapnolimits.com this morning and they're shipping the cores today. Can't wait to start putting things together this Saturday! :burnout:

By the way, anybody need a sheet of stainless steel 10" x 25"? I got two sheets that I can sell...

chillydogg
01-22-2007, 07:56 PM
What are you going to use for packing?

Crazy Horse
01-22-2007, 08:03 PM
I am not sure why everyone finds this such a hard thing to do.. Here is a place that can get you everything you need. http://www.areapnolimits.com/home.html

Bogdan
01-22-2007, 08:33 PM
Well now we know, Crazy Horse.:)

I'm going to use the Silet Sport Premium packing. Why?

cookhj
01-27-2007, 11:39 PM
arepnolimits doesn't have any cores listed on their site. do you have to call and specifically as for them?

CETME, how long were the cores you ordered?

Bogdan
01-28-2007, 01:11 AM
Yes you have to either call or email them. I got mine shipped out the same day I ordered them. Areapnolimits.com guys are great. As soon as you say Aprilia they'll know what you need.

CETME
01-28-2007, 03:31 AM
No problem BogDan! I agree, they were extremely helpful. Please let me know how the Silent Sport packing works out for you. I used header wrap to wrap the cores, and while it does sound awesome, I'm afraid its a bit too loud.

How much did you spend on the Silent Sport Packing if you dont mind me asking?

CookHJ...I forget how long they were.... I believe they were 20-30" or so..... I cut them down to the length I needed with a chopsaw.

Bogdan
01-28-2007, 11:30 AM
I spent like $40 something, basically he gave me 10% off because I was ordering more then one bag. I got two 450g bags because they said that's what everyone else was ordering. So you didn't put any other kind of packing besides the header wrap? Won't the header wrap burn?

You know, actually that's a good idea (I think, but its early in the morning...) I might use header wrap and then pack it with some of the packing... I'll be a great sound but the packing will still be able to provide some sound damping...

CookHJ... By the way, they said that all the Aprilia guys were ordering the cores in 20" lengths so that's how long I got mine also and it's plenty.

cookhj
01-28-2007, 06:25 PM
sounds like i will have to give these cats a call sometime soon.

so i reckon i will need two bags of packing material as well then, huh?